Tapatalk upgrade

Where should the web site go - what should we do? Who has the time between rows?

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Tapatalk upgrade

Post by JonT »

Just a warning to Tapatalk users. I need to upgrade Tapatalk on the forum. This means Tapatalk support will stop working for a while at some point over the weekend. Given I have never done this before, the outage could be quite long.....let’s just hope that doesn’t mean forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Wolfmiester

Re: Tapatalk upgrade

Post by Wolfmiester »

Do you recommend mobile users install 'Tapatalk'?
I've avoided it until now, another app, another logon etc ...
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
JonT

Re: Tapatalk upgrade

Post by JonT »

Wolfmiester wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:39 am Do you recommend mobile users install 'Tapatalk'?
I've avoided it until now, another app, another logon etc ...
It has its fans. Personally, I don't really like the user interface, but it does make insertion of images into forum posts very easy, which is about all I use it for. I know Tako was a big fan. Looking at the usage data, it doesn't look like many Freespirits make use of it.

In terms of passwords, one advantage that it does have is, if you use multiple forums you, once you have accessed them through tapatalk you won't have to log on to each of them when you want to view them.

The main c2forum doesn't support tapatalk by the way - the owner of each forum has to provide and maintain tapatalk access.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent