Goodbye Meterboard. Hello Meterboard2.

Where should the web site go - what should we do? Who has the time between rows?

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Goodbye Meterboard. Hello Meterboard2.

Post by Thomas W-P »

May 1st: I have hacked around and think that the changeover is complete. Please report any bugs on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2797. I am certain that there will be some fine tuning.
May 2nd: Fixed a bug with everyone being "Shiny New". It still gets a little confused with your daily change on your first row back. Please report any other bugs on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2797.
May 2nd: The numbers will look weird (hopefully) for 24 hours as a bug spotted by Gregor works itself through.

As some of you know, JL's meterboard is shutting down at the end of this season and my meterboard2 is picking up. It won't have all the bells and whistles his had, but I have been able to reintroduce the missing flags and icons (mostly - sorry about the mud season madness one - I could do it, but since all the icons reset at the start of the season it would be futile at the moment).

We know that there is a haitus when C2 move to the new season, and there will be a not insignificant amount of work on my part to get the new season up and running with the new meterboard. I am happy to do it, but as I have said in recent times, if you want to encourage me, I now accept payments in kind for those who want to say thank you through my amazon wish list.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/104GKHIPXRANF

Since this is the first time I will have rolled over I don't know how long it will take - and please report bugs on this thread, that I will subscribe to. This thread will stay up top for 20 days - that should be enough!

We also need a new target for the countdown. We got close again, but not quite there. I am open to offers. This year's target was 300,000,000m and I suspect we'll get to about 96% of the way there by the end of the season. We could remove the countdown of course - do people still look at it?

Thomas
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: End of season - meterboard and target

Post by CamiCrew »

Thomas thanks for all the work put in so far... MB2 is awesomely awesome. I will get around to picking out a donation, nice way to handle it. Good luck with the upcoming season change and here's to that going smoothly.
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Rob C
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Rob C »

Having done some work with websites I can appreciate the task you've set yourself Thomas to get this meterboard up an running. :fssmile:

Of all the stats and targets available I'd suspect the team countdown is the least used. It's also a bit confused as the home page refers to one countdown, yet the forum header link suggests a different target. If it is retained I would to pick a distance that relates to something rather than just a number.
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Rob C wrote:It's also a bit confused as the home page refers to one countdown, yet the forum header link suggests a different target
:oops: that is an easy fix once I know it is there. It is going to be correct for one day. I am always open to people pointing out these things!

I'll have a think, but the easiest thing is probably to remove it.
cowboygrrl
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Re: Goodbye Meterboard. Hello Meterboard2.

Post by cowboygrrl »

May 1, meters rowed shows on the meter board but if you click my name the page of graphs doesn't show the daily meters I rowed May 1 (though it shows total meters rowed for May). Nor does May 1, show at the top of the page where it breaks out year, month, day, etc.

Also, May 1, is not showing as an active day in the totals (assuming one rowed, and I did).
Last edited by cowboygrrl on Sun May 04, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

Same here - good spot.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Thanks. I'd have seen this sooner if you had posted it on the bug tracking page that I subscribe to (as mentioned above). :lol:
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

cowboygrrl wrote:May 1, meters rowed shows on the meter board but if you click my name the page of graphs doesn't show the daily meters I rowed May 1 (though it shows total meters rowed for May). Nor does May 1, show at the top of the page where it breaks out year, month, day, etc.

Also, May 1, is not showing as an active day in the totals (assuming one rowed, and I did).
This is now fixed. The bug has actually been there from the start, just not as obvious.
billwright
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by billwright »

Something odd going on:

Many of the FS who rowed this weekend are showing duplicate amounts of metres for Friday and Saturday. In my own case, the number are both incorrect as I didn't row on Friday. The system is showing that I didn't row Thursday but I did. additionally, the day count on the monthly chart is going backwards so date and day don't match:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (8.78 KiB) Viewed 3981 times
The total metres for the season match with my C2 Log Book but the record shows me rowing 46k last Tuesday (which I didn't) and no Marathon (which I did) earlier on 6 May. It would appear that the personal chart (accessed by clicking the Rower's name) with the exception of the left hand column has been reversed.

A bank Holiday weekend headache Thomas. :(

Bill :fswink: :fswink:

"When the crazy wheel slows down, where will I be? Back where I started!"
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Hi Bill - I'd have spotted this earlier if you'd put it in the bug tracking thread. There clearly were some problems around then, but I think that they should have been self correcting. How does it look now?

Can you explain the issue with the personal chart for me over in the bug tracking thread...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2797

Yeah, it is a headache all right. The season changeover was not very smooth :-({|= ](*,)