How to put your times in your signature

Where should the web site go - what should we do? Who has the time between rows?

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

How to put your times in your signature

Post by Mike Channin »

First, make sure you have your times handy.

Next, click on this link:

http://www.c2ctc.com/make_image.php

(Alternatively, you can find a post by Thomas and click on his signature times, as the clever chap has put a link there too)

Enter your times into the boxes (you can miss out any you haven't done - it will cope with this) and press the "Make Image" button.

The clever signature generator (written by Daren of Sub 7, I think) will then do its stuff and show you a preview.

Make a note of the bold piece at the bottom - it is the magic code you need to add to your profile signature. (Hint, use Copy (CTRL-C) to copy it to the windows clipboard)

Now go to the Profile link in the middle of the top of the screen within Free Spirits/Forum.

Scroll down to find the signature block and enter your magic symbols from above (Hint, use Paste (CTRL-V) to paste from the windows clipboard)

Hit the Submit button down the bottom (you may have to scroll down to see it)

Now go find a post you've made and check it looks ok.

Cool, eh? 8)

If it doesn't work, check you've got the code right. It should look like this:

If it looks like this:

[ img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1154084317.png[/img]

you've probably done something to break the image reference. In the example above, I've added a space after the first "[" character which stops the opening image tag from being recognised.

If you still can't get it to work, PM Thomas who, as a teacher, has infinite patience...
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Also, I recommend saving your 'old' sigs in the thread on this forum so you can see how your signature, and hence your times have progressed.

The thread is: http://www.freespiritsrowing.com/forum/ ... .php?t=248

Simply go to your profile and copy the img code to a post on the thread. Remember to do this BEFORE you update your signature, otherwise the old sig will be lost forever...
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Rita
Free Spirit

Post by Rita »

Thomas,
I tried updating my times signature using the links in the Utilities folder. I have done so several times before, but tonight my 500 m time did not get updated in the signature even though it is on the page that you enter the times/distances.

Any suggestions as to what went wrong?

Nevermind, it was just a bit slow... It just took > 2 minutes to update.

Thanks,
Rita
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

You can also use Thomas's signature PB thingy. He has a post about it somewhere, but I can't find it right now.
Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

Possibly the image was "old" in your cache - and it had updated.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Hi Thomas

I'm sure it's just the hangover, but I can't figure out how to update both by PBs and my SBs.

My PBs updated correctly, but when I tried to put in my SBs, it overwrote my PBs.

What am I doing wrong?

Paul
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Thomas W-P
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Ah...

Post by Thomas W-P »

Just saw this. And, er, you have identified a problem that I had not thought of. The system will force you to keep one image only. A way round it would be to make one image using one browser (e.g. FireFox) and the other using another browser (e.g. Opera or Internet Explorer).

Not a perfect solution, but it would work.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Paul Victory
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Ah...

Post by Paul Victory »

Thomas W-P wrote:Just saw this. And, er, you have identified a problem that I had not thought of. The system will force you to keep one image only. A way round it would be to make one image using one browser (e.g. FireFox) and the other using another browser (e.g. Opera or Internet Explorer).
Thanks Thomas

Just got around to doing that and it worked. Now, all I need to do is get some new PBs so that I have something to change!

Paul
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg