Meterboard 2 - bugs and feature requests

Where should the web site go - what should we do? Who has the time between rows?

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Re: Meterboard 2 - bugs and feature requests

Post by Thomas W-P »

I just forgot to put it in.

JonT is going to add it in time. We're going to work on it together as part of him getting to know the ins and outs of developing for the meterboard.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Was at a loose end today (procrastinating and not wanting to dig the garden) so fixed the Gap Column issue.
JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by JonT »

Thomas W-P wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:58 pm Was at a loose end today (procrastinating and not wanting to dig the garden) so fixed the Gap Column issue.
Nice job Thomas. =D> =D>

For those of you who have forgotten (like I had). To get this working, you need to tell the Meterboard who you are. You can do this by clicking on your name on the board and then clicking the "This is me" button just above the profile image on the top right of the profile page.
54 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

We could add that as text above the mb3 I guess...
alien878
Warming up

Post by alien878 »

Thomas W-P wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:58 pm Was at a loose end today (procrastinating and not wanting to dig the garden) so fixed the Gap Column issue.
Great! It is amazing how much incentive things like this provide.
JonT

Post by JonT »

JonT wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:27 pm
plummy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:16 pm Jon- could you check the Fall Team meterboard totalling. I'm showing 95k when I hover my mouse over the total yet I'm on 112k on the total (which is correct on the total above, although actually 121k after today's row).
I'll take a look Plummy. I suspect the challenges are not automatically updating themselves. I'll have to do some detective work, but if all else fails I will force an update manually as a last resort.
Moving this discussion to this post.

This bug is a bit of a mystery. I am still digging. The Meterboard is updating correctly, and if I force the challenges to update they set the metres correctly, but for some reason the automatic update (which runs every four hours) isn't working at the moment. This would also explain why some Free Spirits didn't get a tree. I'm doing some more detective work in between a dozen other things.
54 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
JonT

Post by JonT »

JonT wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:38 pm
JonT wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:27 pm
plummy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:16 pm Jon- could you check the Fall Team meterboard totalling. I'm showing 95k when I hover my mouse over the total yet I'm on 112k on the total (which is correct on the total above, although actually 121k after today's row).
I'll take a look Plummy. I suspect the challenges are not automatically updating themselves. I'll have to do some detective work, but if all else fails I will force an update manually as a last resort.
Moving this discussion to this post.

This bug is a bit of a mystery. I am still digging. The Meterboard is updating correctly, and if I force the challenges to update they set the metres correctly, but for some reason the automatic update (which runs every four hours) isn't working at the moment. This would also explain why some Free Spirits didn't get a tree. I'm doing some more detective work in between a dozen other things.
The good news - Thomas' code was working perfectly. ^O^ ^O^

The bad news was the automated process that updates challenges has not run since we migrated to my server. #-o This is now fixed (I think). Please flag if you think it is still not working.

Jon