Crazy Bear Challenge

If you start a thread here, this is a commitment to maintain it (including a closing date if you require) and curate any entries.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Crazy Bear Challenge

Post by Jill »

strider77 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am Bumping this one up, 3 down -27 to go
Alan :!: This is your ego speaking :!:

I am deeply hurt because I do not understand why you have put :oops: after your post. :cry: [-(

We have weathered a few rowing ‘ Agonies and Ecstasies ‘ together … but, if you wish to remain on speaking terms with me, then listen up :!:

3 HMs, 9 HMs, 14 HMs, 20 HMs or more … I shall be extremely proud of us, whatever we do … And you better be as well. [-X :fsbgrin: :fswink:
plummy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:06 pm 2 more than me - but then again, I'm only joining in after the 25th so will likely only manage 10 or so.
Plummy, 10 or so ‘ aint half bad ‘. :fsbgrin:

From the virtual sidelines ( because that’s where the sensible people stand :lol: ) lots and lots of virtual cheers to everyone. ^O^ =D>

Stay safe. 8) Stay injury free. 8) xxxx
Tako
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Tako »

Wow, Steven did 2 HMs a day for the last 6 days!!! A real Crazy bear!

Can only agree with Jill.
Stay safe and injury free everybody!

(Says the guy having done 2 and aiming at 10 ;-) )
\:D/ 🏴‍☠️🇳🇱🇩🇪🇩🇰🇳🇴🇪🇺
jhaveman

Post by jhaveman »

I second (or third) Jill and Tako’s wishes!
Last Sunday I did my first HM of this season, and have no intention of doing another one any time soon
Lots of respect for anyone starting this challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juergie

Post by Juergie »

Just finished #5 with a SB of 1:26:26 and am pretty satisfied.
strider77
Free Spirit forever

Post by strider77 »

Jill, I apologise for any unintended offence, reading it again it seems very arrogant. It serves me right that I have not managed any since.
[b]67 5ft 10ins tall, 80k, proud to be a Free Spirit[/b]
[img]https://tinyurl.com/fsrsigs/fssig-285.png[/img]
Jill

Post by Jill »

strider77 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:38 am Jill, I apologise for any unintended offence, reading it again it seems very arrogant. It serves me right that I have not managed any since.
Alan I am so sorry for unintentionally hurting your feelings - my post wasn’t meant to sound arrogant, it was a genuine attempt to cheer you up and make you feel good about yourself.

I know that there have been occasions when my childish sense of humour gets out of hand and spills out on to the forum - and when it does, it's just me being a twit and wanting to make you all laugh, but never at someone else's expense. It mortifies me to think that I might have inadvertently hurt anyone's feelings and I apologise if I have done so.

Alan, the last part of my original post did, and still does, include you.
strider77
Free Spirit forever

Post by strider77 »

Alan I am so sorry for unintentionally hurting your feelings - my post wasn’t meant to sound arrogant, it was a genuine attempt to cheer you up and make you feel good about yourself.

I know that there have been occasions when my childish sense of humour gets out of hand and spills out on to the forum - and when it does, it's just me being a twit and wanting to make you all laugh, but never at someone else's expense. It mortifies me to think that I might have inadvertently hurt anyone's feelings and I apologise if I have done so.

Alan, the last part of my original post did, and still does, include you.
Jill, I meant my post was arrogant not yours :D

You always make us feel good about ourselves, Jill-thank you :wink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

strider77 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm Jill, I meant my post was arrogant not yours
This next bit comes with a ‘ silly warning ‘.

It’s only fitting that I award myself the title of chief Noodle. #-o :roll: :lol: :wink: However, the position of deputy chief Noodle must go to you for calling yourself arrogant. :shock: [-X :wink:

Back in ‘ sensible mode ‘ now.
strider77 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm You always make us feel good about ourselves, Jill-thank you
Thank you Alan. In case you are, ( for whatever reasons ) feeling down about your rowing abilities and motivation at the moment, you will always be a kind and funny, supportive and modest, ( there is no such thing as a Full of Themselves Free Spirit ) respected and valued member of this club. =D> :D
Last edited by Jill on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

WIRC out of the way and migraine more or less tuck away (a little bit of residual headache still lurking) I had time to get back on the Crazy Bear horse this morning and knocked out #3 in 1:29:26.7 - not spectacular but my legs were still feeling tired from yesterday's race. Happy to get back on the metre munching.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Juergie

Post by Juergie »

Good to have you on board again. Did #13 this morning with a SB at 1:25:13, very pleased.

I also suffer from migranes. I remember the times before triptan was invented. At least nowadays triptan takes away most of the pain.
strider77
Free Spirit forever

Post by strider77 »

Thank you Alan. In case you are, ( for whatever reasons ) feeling down about your rowing abilities and motivation at the moment, you will always be a kind and funny, supportive and modest, ( there is no such thing as a Full of Themselves Free Spirit ) respected and valued member of this club. =D> :D
Jill you had me at Thank you :D

I have been struggling with my rowing most of this year however I will return-did a Wolverine Plan session yesterday 8 x 500 which did not kill me so will look to build and will also try a few more HMs before the end of the challenge.

All the best.
Swinny
Warming up

Post by Swinny »

Hi, is anyone doing this this year? I have checked the Facebook site and no-one is mentioning it. If there is a link to where I need to go to could someone list it please. Cheers
plummy

Post by plummy »

2 nights ago I created a new spreadsheet for the Crazy Bear himself - who freely admitted he's been so busy at work he's barely been able to think about setting it up. He said he's had numerous requests about it so I think it WILL be happening but might be a bit last minute.

I've changed it this year so you can do erg HM, ski-erg HM (counts as "1") or a bike-erg FM (counts as "1") to reflect the different equipment types. I'm awaiting him creating a new FB page or re-using last year's - not sure which way he'll go as it's his baby really.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Juergie

Post by Juergie »

Ready to row!
Swinny
Warming up

Post by Swinny »

plummy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:08 pm 2 nights ago I created a new spreadsheet for the Crazy Bear himself - who freely admitted he's been so busy at work he's barely been able to think about setting it up. He said he's had numerous requests about it so I think it WILL be happening but might be a bit last minute.

I've changed it this year so you can do erg HM, ski-erg HM (counts as "1") or a bike-erg FM (counts as "1") to reflect the different equipment types. I'm awaiting him creating a new FB page or re-using last year's - not sure which way he'll go as it's his baby really.
Great Stuff, thanks
Jill

Post by Jill »

Good luck to everyone planning to take part in this year’s challenge.

If your goal is to complete the 30 HMs or it’s more of a ‘ let’s see how it goes ‘ approach, then either way, take care of yourselves. :)
plummy

Post by plummy »

Could someone please check the link above to see if they can edit the spreadsheet. A warning does pop up about editing but just accept it and carry on...
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
Juergie

Post by Juergie »

Your posting with the link has disappeared. When it was there yesterday I was not able to edit the sheet. First I had to log into my google account and then I was prompted to ask the creator of the sheet for permission.

Now it seems fine.
plummy

Post by plummy »

60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
Ian Bee
Dedicated and True Free Spirit

Post by Ian Bee »

One down, and logged (hopefully without breaking the spreadsheet - thanks very much Plummy). PB - 15s ImageImage

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Swinny
Warming up

Post by Swinny »

I've got the first 2 done, times are very slow (my PB is only a 1:31:55 anyway) as digging and laying path at the weekend and previous 2 weekends has really hurt my back problem.

So I am just going steady at the moment so I can at least keep ticking them off.

10th Nov - 1:37:17
11th Nov - 1:37:18

As long as my back doesn't get to bad I hope to gradually keep bringing the times down every row finishing with a PB. The main thing for me is I want to complete it.
Swinny
Warming up

Post by Swinny »

#3 - 1:36:36.4
Tako

Crazy Bear Challenge

Post by Tako »

Jürgen and Swinny, you are really steaming forward!
Not sure whether I should call it impressive or crazy! I go for the first and hope your body takes it well and without injuries!

Also to all others doing the challenge!

Mr. Dowd on the other side is a Crazy bear with 2-3 HM each day. It is a shame that he does not clock those meters for FreeSpirits anymore.

I have only done 4 HM so far and do not plan to register in the sheet, but use them for the holiday challenge instead.

Happy and injury-free rowing to all crazy rowers!
\:D/ 🏴‍☠️🇳🇱🇩🇪🇩🇰🇳🇴🇪🇺
Swinny
Warming up

Post by Swinny »

Thanks Tako, Jurgen is smashing it, he has not had 1 day off ^O^ , I have had to have 2 days off to rest so far, I did 7 in a row and then had to rest, then 4 and rest, I have also had 2 days that I wanted to row but because of other things getting in the way was unable to (well, that's sort of a lie, as if i was really dedicated I could have started it at around 10pm, but I couldn't be arsed). Mr. Dowd is not human :lol:
Tako, how many do you intend to do? Like you say, its great for the holiday challenge.
Juergie

Post by Juergie »

Thanks guys. Yep, this is brutal. I think, I read somewhere, that most of the meters of Mr. Dowd are not rowed but on a bike. But not sure where I read it.