Just bought RowPro

If you are planning a RowPro session or want to get one going, post here.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Just bought RowPro

Post by Paul Victory »

colin bradley wrote:Paul, All the sessions have to be set up via RP and not the PM4, sounds like that is your problem matey, see you on the pixel river soon.
I did a 5k and a 2k on Rowpro, using RP to set up the session and it worked perfectly. Hope to see you online soon. Have you anything planned for this week?

Paul
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
stumpy
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by stumpy »

Paul for your next mission if you choose to except it :lol: is to set up an online session and post it on the RP thread with a bit of notice so we can all join you.
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

colin bradley wrote:Paul for your next mission if you choose to except it :lol: is to set up an online session and post it on the RP thread with a bit of notice so we can all join you.
OK. FM in 15 minutes.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

:lol: :twisted: Still got you on that one matey. :) but I guess you know that :lol:
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

colin bradley wrote::lol: :twisted: Still got you on that one matey. :) but I guess you know that :lol:
OK. So that was a bluff. :P I'll set something up later in the week. What time tends to suit people?

Paul V
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

I've wasted about two hours today trying to participate in online rows. :evil: Details in Rowers group on facebook. I'm too frustrated to go into it again here! :evil: :evil: :evil:
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Post by plummy »

Paul Victory wrote:I've wasted about two hours today trying to participate in online rows. :evil: Details in Rowers group on facebook. I'm too frustrated to go into it again here! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I missed my first one like you as I was in the Control Center and didn't realise you had to come out and go into Session Setup for the actual race. I don't understand the chat room issue you had - unless no-one else wanted to talk (or spoke English).

I'm up for a long row this evening and could set something up - it'll be a HM or something equally mad for a Saturday evening
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks for the offer, Dave, but I think i've had enough of RowPro for today. I've just done a just row and RowPro froze when I tried to hit the stop row button, so I was unable to save the row.

I'm going to give it one last try by setting up a 15 minutes session for a few minutes from now. If anyone joins me, great. If not, I'll try it solo.

Paul
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Well, I managed to complete the row online. With no-one to race against, it felt a bit strange and I couldn't see my projected distance or split pace.

But at least I know it's working and hope I will be able to take part in tomorrow mornings 30 minutes session.

Plummy, what time are you planning to set up your session this evening? If it's fairly soon, I might join you. I've been in my rowing gear since around 1:45 this afternoon, but I've only covered 9k so far (apart from teh 1k or so that wasn't recorded when I did my warm up for the one hour session that I was unable to take part in :evil: ).

Paul V
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

I went back out to look for another online session (in particular, to see if Plummy had set something up) and found I couldn't get internet access. There seemed to be some problem with getting access to my wireless network. Hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow morning so that I can take part in the 30 minutes session at midday.

Paul V
plummy

Post by plummy »

I didn't set anything up as you said you weren't playing out any more. Managed a HM and no more as my knee and glute got sore (too many chores during the day meant I was tired before I started). Next session may be a few days away but I'll catch up with you on Rowpro soon enough
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

I think I've sorted out my computer problem and hope to go online on Wednesday (something on after work tomorrow).

There's another (relatively minor) thing I've been unable to do on RowPro and that's to change the flag that appears on my boat from a US flag to and Irish flag. I've put in my profile that I'm from Ireland. What else do I need to do to change this?

Paul V
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Colour Studio in your profile is what you want Paul
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks Colin. That worked perfectly and I'm now clad all in green. :mrgreen: Whether you'll ever get to see it is another question. I lost my internet signal in my home gym again tonight. No idea why. It was working fine for a while and then I lost the connection. I checked my network connection and it said was I was connected but the signal strength was poor.

I'm off to Portugal on Sunday, so I think I'll park it until I get back and then take a run at sorting it out once and for all.

Paul V
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

After Kellie's recent post in this forum, I decided to re-read this thread. It looks like I have an interesting couple of days ahead trying to get myself up and running in time from next Saturday's 10k. I had a vague recollection that I had found the whole thing quite frustrating. It's only now that I realise quite HOW frustrating. :evil: :lol:

I haven't used my laptop much recently since I got my iPad. I loaned it to my son for a project he was involved in and I've recently got it back. When I tried to get online I was unable to do so. :evil:

So my first problem is to get back online. This may require waiting until tomorrow as I think my ISP's help desk is not available on Sundays.

Next step after that is getting RowPro to work in the house and making sure it is fully updated.

Then, I have to see if I can get a signal in my gym in the back garden. My iPad can just about receive a signal if I place it in the corner nearest the house, but it's not all that stable. I was able to tether my iPad to my iPhone a few months ago, but have not done so recently. Does anyone know if it's possible to tether a laptop to an iPhone? If so, I may be able to solve my connectivity problem by placing the iPhone at the back of my kitchen and using it as a relay to my modem.

If that doesn't work, it's down to my nearest computer store to see about getting this plug in device that was referred to in one of the earlier posts in this thread.

Failing that, I could try moving my erg to the patio and hoping that, for once, our notoriously fickle Irish weather doesn't decide to have a downpour during next Saturday's scheduled 10k.

My last option is to move the erg into the house, but this may lead to divorce proceedings as I tend to sweat a lot when erging. :roll: :lol:
plummy

Post by plummy »

I can't see why you couldn't tether your laptop to your I-Phone (I managed to tether my laptop to my Samsung on my last failed 24 hr row as there was no signal in the gym and I had to dangle my phone out of a window to get the laptop any signal to work with.

A simpler solution maybe to get a couple of very large towels and put them under the erg in the house (and offer to do the washing after) O:)
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks Dave

I'll try to get my laptop up and running in the first place, but the several towels option sounds like a reasonable fallback position.

Paul V
cowboygrrl
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by cowboygrrl »

Paul maybe the easiest but probably more expensive (but not prohibitively I think) is to get a booster for the wireless router. I think that's what you're remembering from one of the earlier posts in your thread. Also the newer wireless routers come in different strengths, obviously more money=stronger. Better I think than moving your erg and definitely better than mopping. :lol: Sorry, don't know how to do the tether thing……..