30 minutes session

If you are planning a RowPro session or want to get one going, post here.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

30 minutes session

Post by plummy »

After a 30 minutes session (bailed 10k) last night, I still managed 7702m which is only 31m short of a seasons best so I'm thinking of actually trying to exceed this on Rowpro if I can distract myself with a boat or two just ahead of me. I'm thinking Sunday morning/afternoon or early evening Monday if anyone wants to join in - the more the merrier.

Target pace - 1:56.0 average by the end of the 30 minutes, starting at around 1:58/1:57 for the first few to get me in the hunt

I've never actually set up a rowpro session, simply join in others - so could be interesting (or a disaster)

Plummy
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Doc RowSlo
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Re: 30 minutes session

Post by Doc RowSlo »

I'd probably be able to "help out" for the Sunday sessions David, kids permitting! The morning would have the best chance of success but any time is potentially possible for me.
I'll be at work from 7am to about 9pm (and then on call overnight) on Monday so not likely to be able to do much in the way of rowing there :(

When you set up the session, it might be an idea to stick FS, DP, Plummy or some such in the title for ease of identification :fswink:
badocter
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by badocter »

Once you set up the session, I suggest you also post on the C2 forum that you are going for a PB. Not everybody checks the race server daily, and I think you will likely grab a few more participants if it is advertised. Also puts a bit more pressure on you :twisted: I can definately attend on Sunday if the start time is between 11-12:30 GMT, and possibly after 19:00 GMT unless my better half has other plans. Alas, I can't row with you on weekdays unless you are planning to do midnite madness due to the time zone difference. I will be choking on your dust the whole way, but cheering you on regardless. :fsbgrin:
MHw 48, 6'2" (1.88m), 228# (103 kg)
stumpy
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by stumpy »

I'm up for a 30 min on Sunday will try to stay with you till I blow around 5k be sure to post it on the RP thread miday is good for me but what ever suits you
JonathanA
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by JonathanA »

Could also join on Sunday I think. Anywhere near 7700 would be a pb for me!
JonathanA | more pedalling than pulling at the moment
plummy

Post by plummy »

OK - got a green light from the "boss" (her sister and niece are visiting from Blackpool but are here all day and an hour out won't hurt - apart from the rowing bit of course!)

I'll set it up for 10.00am GMT (which I think is 11.00am BST). It'll have a Free Spirits 30 minutes reference. If I cock it up setting it up, I'll be back on this thread shortly.

Plan is to emulate my seasons best of 7733 with 6 minute splits averaging: 1:57.9, 1:57.4, 1:57.0, 1:56.0, 1:54.0 - but a bit faster. This is definitely NOT a PB attempt, only an SB attempt so anything ending up below 1:56.3 at the end will be a monster success (and some Nonathlon points)

Plummy
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
badocter

Post by badocter »

Despite the 5AM local start time I did make it :fsbgrin: :fsbgrin: :twisted: :fsbgrin: :fsbgrin:

The results:

Free_Spirits_30_minutes
30:00 Scheduled Row (1x)

Participants
1 Dave Davenport 7748m 1:56.2
2 David Plumb 7718m 1:56.6
3 Lee Winslow 7717m 1:56.6
4 Colin Bradley 7647m 1:57.7 -- PB =D> =D>
5 William Docter 7564m 1:59.0 -- SB
DNF Evaluation User

Outstanding row gentlemen :fssmile: , particularly to Colin who destroyed his PB by 109m =D> =D> =D> (I assume your sig was up to date). Very solid row Plummy and darn close to your target. another couple weeks of interval training and you will destroy that target. :fswink:

BTW, it is now 6:30AM local time and still no one else in my household has woken up. :lol: :twisted:
Last edited by badocter on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonathanA
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by JonathanA »

The evaluation user was me. I am now officially frustrated with my RowPro evaluation. It is clearly a great toy and that I would use a lot if only it didn't keep causing Blue Sreen errors on my computer. :evil: It is doing this more that half of the time! :twisted: The lap top I am using is a high spec so I would be suprised if it were the hardware...

Anyway despite this I have checked back at the eventual results and it looks like it went very well for all. Great PB Colin =D> and mighty close to your target David :wink:. As Bill says, you are not far away. A big effort from Bill to get up so early on a Sunday morning, and an SB as the reward. =D>

I did keep going and managed 7782m (1m55.6s) which I was very happy with (I believe this is a PB). For the very first time I have dared to dream of 8k in 30 mins! :oops: [-o<

Enjoy your Sunday lunch everyone :fswink: (or breakfast in the case of Bill :fsbgrin: ).
JonathanA | more pedalling than pulling at the moment
badocter

Post by badocter »

Which version RP are you using Jonathan, 2 or 3? Some people have had trouble on 3 that had no issues with 2, and probably the reverse is true, so if you can try the other version maybe you will have better luck. You might try running it in 2-D mode which is what I do most of the time anyway since you can see a larger segment of the course (up to 1k) and it looks more like the display used in live venue races -- where as on the 3-d view you only see the others if they are within 10-15m of you. Perhaps with the 2-D graphics RP might be better behaved.

Keep at it and hopefully you will find a magic combo that works. That being said, I have had some of my best rows after RP crashes by subsequent utilization of the dark side of the force :evil: :twisted:
plummy

Post by plummy »

A big thank you to all who joined in this morning, especially Bill who was still in his jimjams it being 5am in the morning in Texas ( :shock: ).

Congrats to Colin on his huge PB =D> =D>

A huge thank you to Lee for being patient hoping for my eventual "push" which, owing to the fact I was dying at 15 minutes and died with 10 minutes to go, only happened in the last 2 minutes. The only light at the end of the tunnel was I beat my Friday distance of 7702 by a few baby steps to 7718 (only 15m short of a seasons best #-o )

I think I'll have 2 days rest before I try this one again.

The one thing that I couldn't see, which may help was the projected metres finish. It's a great motivator to chase down a target and I think there is a way to display this - clues?

Plummy
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
badocter

Post by badocter »

It definately shows the projected meters for finish on my PM4 during the session, so you would configure that in the normal way for the PM. I don't know if it shows projected meters or not on the RP screen.
Doc RowSlo
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Doc RowSlo »

plummy wrote: A huge thank you to Lee for being patient hoping for my eventual "push" which, owing to the fact I was dying at 15 minutes and died with 10 minutes to go, only happened in the last 2 minutes.
You're very welcome. It certainly looked like you were suffering in the last 10 mins. Very good sprint finish nonetheless 8)
plummy wrote:The one thing that I couldn't see, which may help was the projected metres finish. It's a great motivator to chase down a target and I think there is a way to display this - clues?
You can replace the "race style" display in the bottom half of your PM3/4 with the standard one that you normally use: Control Panel >> User Settings and then uncheck the box that says "Show relative meters.......".
You'll then have a normal PM display and have to rely on the RowPro screen to see the relative positions and paces of the other boats.