10k tonight - 17:00 GMT

If you are planning a RowPro session or want to get one going, post here.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

10k tonight - 17:00 GMT

Post by Wolfmiester »

Hi all,
10k tonight at 6pm BST, 7PM CET.
Just a training piece for me, so I'd be happy to pace anyone to any target between 38-40 mins.
Cheers, Steve
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
whizzer
Free Spirit
I row on...: Model B

Re: 10k tonight - 17:00 GMT

Post by whizzer »

Had a look at the row-pro software website. Trying to get my head round all this hi-tech stuff.
Before I commit to anything it seems I will have to buy an updated lap-top to be specc'd up enough to support this. Got to get a C or D rower first as well.
It looks great , the thought of being able to row with you quality folk on here is very motivating. 10k of trying to stay in the wake of the Wolfmeister is some challenge. :o
Do most of you have a larger than normal Monitor like the one shown on the website. A standard 17'' laptop monitor doesn't quite give the same effect I would imagine.
Not sure if its possible to just buy a large monitor to plug into?
Sorry for being out of touch with all this IT stuff. :oops:
50 y.o - 178 cm - 77kgs (up 2kg since 19/05/10) .
slwiser
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by slwiser »

I have Rowpro on my Dell Mini 9 and for the first time today added a second 17" monitor to it giving me two windows on the world. My FirstBeat training monitor and Rowpro at the same time. The frame rate went down a bit but still very usable.
62 years old, ~210 lbs; 1.765m(5'-9.5"): CABGx4 on Feb 18 2008; Dynamic @ home
-I am keeping my workouts up in Movescount under my user name here.
Den-J
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Den-J »

It's ok to just plug a monitor into a lap top I have a 22inch attached to mine it works fine :)
see the thread "An early birthday present!" for a pic ( would link you to it but I don't have a clue how you do that :oops: )
Age 55 LW Started rowing 26 Sep 08
*Set 2010
Doc RowSlo
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Doc RowSlo »

slwiser wrote:I have Rowpro on my Dell Mini 9 and for the first time today added a second 17" monitor to it giving me two windows on the world. My FirstBeat training monitor and Rowpro at the same time. The frame rate went down a bit but still very usable.
I like the sound of that 8) I've got a small monitor going spare so I might just give it a go.
The frame rate wouldn't bother me as I only ever use the 2D view on RP.
Doc RowSlo
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Doc RowSlo »

Doc RowSlo wrote:
slwiser wrote:I have Rowpro on my Dell Mini 9 and for the first time today added a second 17" monitor to it giving me two windows on the world. My FirstBeat training monitor and Rowpro at the same time. The frame rate went down a bit but still very usable.
I like the sound of that 8) I've got a small monitor going spare so I might just give it a go.
Done!
Only took about 20 minutes to sort out how to do it with my Vaio notebook and my spare monitor. Worked first time and doesn't seem to have crashed anything! Very unusual in my experience of Windoze :evil:
Now just need to find somewhere to set it up in the "erg room" and sort out a RowPro sesh to experiment with 8)
Wolfmiester
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Wolfmiester »

whizzer wrote:Had a look at the row-pro software website. Trying to get my head round all this hi-tech stuff.
Before I commit to anything it seems I will have to buy an updated lap-top to be specc'd up enough to support this. Got to get a C or D rower first as well.
It looks great , the thought of being able to row with you quality folk on here is very motivating. 10k of trying to stay in the wake of the Wolfmeister is some challenge. :o
Do most of you have a larger than normal Monitor like the one shown on the website. A standard 17'' laptop monitor doesn't quite give the same effect I would imagine.
Not sure if its possible to just buy a large monitor to plug into?
Sorry for being out of touch with all this IT stuff. :oops:
Wizzer, I still have a Dell LT going spare that runs RP 2D ok.
It's yours for a small donation of £20 to club funds if you want it.
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
slwiser
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by slwiser »

Doc RowSlo wrote:
Doc RowSlo wrote:
Done!
Only took about 20 minutes to sort out how to do it with my Vaio notebook and my spare monitor. Worked first time and doesn't seem to have crashed anything! Very unusual in my experience of Windoze :evil:
Now just need to find somewhere to set it up in the "erg room" and sort out a RowPro sesh to experiment with 8)
This will make it even more motivating and "fun" if such work can be said to be "fun."
62 years old, ~210 lbs; 1.765m(5'-9.5"): CABGx4 on Feb 18 2008; Dynamic @ home
-I am keeping my workouts up in Movescount under my user name here.