Lifetime Millionaires Club

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Lifetime Millionaires Club

Post by Paul Victory »

Congratulations Dan! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

11_08_2016_7_million_lifetime_meters.png
11_08_2016_7_million_lifetime_meters.png (14.44 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
Plummy, my dear, I haven't lost the plot on this one. Would it be possible to have a pink flamingo, please - at least they haven't gone missing. Yet ... :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Congratulations Jill. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Paul. :D

Since I started rowing, each million that I've reached, is another brick added and cemented, to my slowly growing wall of self - esteem. Onwards to the next one. :fsbgrin:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Plummy. :D
Recess
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Recess »

'Ang on - what gives? I've hit all 5 of my millions bang on (OCD, Moi?) yet no gold stars. It's a fix!
It's not how far you go... It's how go you far.

Follow my training blog as I try to break a world record: http://johntherower.com
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Bit annoyed with myself as I'm usually good at keeping track of these things, but I didn't realise I was so close to 26 million meters and I overshot by 174 meters today. #-o So just an ordinary star this time please Mr Plumb. :cry:
plummy

Post by plummy »

Recess wrote:'Ang on - what gives? I've hit all 5 of my millions bang on (OCD, Moi?) yet no gold stars. It's a fix!
Did you send me a picture??
(If you say you nailed each million exact I'll believe you - someone told me you were an honest type so I'll go along with their conclusion :wink: )

Congrats Jill (sorry, forgot the congrats after I added the star) and to you too Paul on your 26 million - great work both.

=D> =D> =D>
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Jill

Post by Jill »

Paul, after all your ups and downs this year, you have also been awarded the CBA ( no, not that one :wink: ). The Cool and Brilliant Achievement award - 26,000,000 x =D> ^O^

Cool running also to Dan and John - 8,000,000 x =D> ^O^ and 5,000,000 x =D> ^O^

Plummy, apologies if this is on your ' to do ' list but John is still missing his Gold Stars.
Recess

Post by Recess »

Jill wrote:
Plummy, apologies if this is on your ' to do ' list but John is still missing his Gold Stars.
Ah, thanks for caring!

I think I've posted each of the Mm marks on here (or on Facebook). Happy to find them all and re post though. That'll make for an exciting thread!
It's not how far you go... It's how go you far.

Follow my training blog as I try to break a world record: http://johntherower.com
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

I tried to add photographic evidence of my 26 million total. But when I go to the attachments option, it seems to upload the photo I have saved on my iPad, but then nothing appears in the post. What am I doing wrong?
Jill

Post by Jill »

Paul, this is most unlikely to be the solution but Ian had problems trying to upload my screen shot. He checked my attachments quota, found that I had reached the limit of 10, so solved the problem by deleting some.
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Jill wrote:Paul, this is most unlikely to be the solution but Ian had problems trying to upload my screen shot. He checked my attachments quota, found that I had reached the limit of 10, so solved the problem by deleting some.
Thanks Jill

I deleted a few attachments and it worked this time. Guess I must have reached my quota.(I never knew there was such a thing :? ).
image.png
image.png (168.16 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Jill

Post by Jill »

Paul Victory wrote:I deleted a few attachments and it worked this time. Guess I must have reached my quota.(I never knew there was such a thing ).
Neither did I Paul. :lol:

Actually, you've made my day - for me, being able to help someone with a computer query, has to be a first. I'm really chuffed. :D
Recess wrote: Ah, thanks for caring!

I think I've posted each of the Mm marks on here (or on Facebook). Happy to find them all and re post though. That'll make for an exciting thread!
:lol:

Thank you John. :) Sometimes, you have to keep Plummy on his toes - I think he can be a bit absent-minded occasionally ... :wink:

Rumour has it, that in Plummy's Magic Selection Box of Tricks, he has other stars, all of them in fetching colours of the rainbow. :wink:
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Maybe I should ask him to give me green stars for future landmarks?
Jill

Post by Jill »

Paul Victory wrote:Maybe I should ask him to give me green stars for future landmarks?
:-k Mmmm ... Sounds a bit reckless ... But, if you must, then please give me plenty of notice, so that I can arrange to be out of the country ... :fsbgrin: :fswink:
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017

Post by CamiCrew »

Checking back in to see the awesome 30 million by David ^O^ (did you get a super cool C2 prize for this I hope?!) - new car, cruise, oh wait, you had those... and 8 million for Dan - NICE! =D> and Paul that extra 174 above 26,000,000, over-achieving as always. :wink:

And dear to my heart - JILL congrats on the 7 mill. I'm going to start calling you Jillion :D :fsbgrin: in honor of your success :!:

John and five gold - love the OCD.

Cheers!
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Jill

Post by Jill »

CamiCrew wrote:And dear to my heart - JILL congrats on the 7 mill. I'm going to start calling you Jillion in honor of your success
Barbara, that's lovely. Thank you. :D

It set me thinking about how many OTW metres you must have rowed and if you decided to add them to the meterboard in one go, would their combined weight, catapult all the other metres, up and away and into the virtual stratosphere? :shock: :fsbgrin: :fswink:
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Jill the Meterboard is serious business. My OTW meters would inch me up the ladder, but nothing stratospheric. :fsgrin:

Back in 08 we had a logbook with a topo picture of the lake and approx meter distances overwritten with a sharpie. We would log with a ballpoint pen, after calculating our trajectory. Periodically I had to rescue my totals from rain, damp, dirt, pages stuck together. After I passed my 1st million (team practices didn't count), my coach made me a wooden oar. It was presented at our annual banquet. Only happened once as custom oars are lots of work and the list got long. :) I lost track of the logging after ~5 million... and then I got myself a stroke coach that takes all the mystery out of it. I do 8-10k per outing now, those are 3 or so per week. So, not the volume of the MB stars.

Dropping in an image of my first million oar... :D Here's to that & your flamingos!

-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
K_Cat
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by K_Cat »

Congrats on 7 Million meters, Jill! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

And Paul, 26 Million? :shock: Amazing!!! ^O^ x26

Peggy
plummy

Post by plummy »

Just dipping in to say I'm away for a week from Sunday so I'll catch up on any updates as soon as I get back. Have fun everyone :-)
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Jill

Post by Jill »

CamiCrew wrote:Jill the Meterboard is serious business. My OTW meters would inch me up the ladder, but nothing stratospheric.

Back in 08 we had a logbook with a topo picture of the lake and approx meter distances overwritten with a sharpie. We would log with a ballpoint pen, after calculating our trajectory. Periodically I had to rescue my totals from rain, damp, dirt, pages stuck together. After I passed my 1st million (team practices didn't count), my coach made me a wooden oar. It was presented at our annual banquet. Only happened once as custom oars are lots of work and the list got long. I lost track of the logging after ~5 million... and then I got myself a stroke coach that takes all the mystery out of it. I do 8-10k per outing now, those are 3 or so per week. So, not the volume of the MB stars.

Dropping in an image of my first million oar... Here's to that & your flamingos!
Thank you Barbara for the delightful explanation - love the photo of the 1 Million Oar - has to be the lost practice metres that would have tipped the balance. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Thank you and Peggy, also, for the congratulations - I keep looking over my shoulder, swear I can hear the sound of paddles quite close behind me - two Sam The Eagles on my tail perhaps ... This Pink Flamingo needs to flap her wings a bit more ... :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Hope that you have a good holiday Plummy. :)
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

It would appear I have sailed past the 5 million mark without realising. Must do the next 5 million with a lot more dedication, it's taken over 6 seasons to get this far
Rob5million.jpg
Rob5million.jpg (53.62 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
zootMutant
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by zootMutant »

Well done, Rob! ^O^ =D> ^O^ =D> ^O^
Jill

Post by Jill »

Good for you Rob, :fsbgrin: especially as you've had your fair share of battles with " that thing I keep tripping over that sits in the midst of my living room ... ".

There are lots of challenges in life where it's not always about how long it will take to reach a goal ...

Plenty of virtual slaps on the back coming your way. 5000 x =D> ^O^