Training logs

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

johnglynn
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by johnglynn »

The polarpersonaltrainer looks like a nice tool.
I can see where you get the NN% fat and heart rate bands etc.

I have one of the polars watches and chestbands myself . I got there largest chestband but even so I think it's too small/tight for me. So I don't use it much now . I now use it to check that my resting heart rate is going in the right direction, lowest I seen so far for 2 beats is 52 . Highest doing a 2K last year, 194 but that was for a single beat, I've got 190 for 2 beats in a row.

I haven't done any heart rate limited rows myself yet, but I heard (from 3rd position person at last years IIRC ~ 6:05/6:10) that there good at improving your aerobic base, even though the intensity is low. I'm doing mainly high intensity at the moment, but plan to eventually start doing good bit of heart limited rows also. Will probably need to buy a machine for home to do that.
28, 6'6", 18 Stone - ELM - CTC
johnglynn
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by johnglynn »

On the Training Partners

When I look at people that definitly have multiple pages for example Andrew Stanway - 8 pages or Neil Turner - 3 pages. Only there first page (25 entries) shows up.

If I try to go to different pages (eg. there second page) it tells me "access granted", but I get "There are no entries in your logbook" where the entries should be. Do other people get this and is there a known workaround ?
28, 6'6", 18 Stone - ELM - CTC
Fatt Matt

Post by Fatt Matt »

On the Heart Rate Monitors: I have been training with a Polar monitor & the receiver on the C2 and it has been absolutely brilliant. I've dropped a stone and a half this year and upped my CV fitness on the back of using it.

I have just embarked on a structured training regime based around using the HRM from the Concept website - a bit of a nightmare to work it out with its mysterious codes - UT1, AT etc. - but you end up with a set of really solid workouts.

Looking at some of the threads there are clearly a lot of fit people out there who clearly get on just fine without monitoring heart rate! Ultimately, though, I find it a great way of maximising return on limited available time.

Has anyone else tried out any of the training from the Concept site?