Split topic: Honeymoon Period

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Re: roller coaster

Post by Stan »

steve the slug wrote: Stanley
This challenge is yet more evidence of the diseased imagination of Steve the slug

what on earth do you mean, how is the challeng going, i see you were starting it last week.
I havent started the roller coaster yet - I think you mean the one for Mr Sims which I was doing last week. I think I will have to start it though - been putting it off for too long
pb times
PSims
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Mean cruel nasty twisted Slug!

Post by PSims »

John - Slug says breaks are mandatory - cos part of the torture is motivating yourself to get back on after 5 mins rest.

I haven't tried it yet - but tend to prefer to keep going if possible.
You know the way you sprint the last part of the mile - I tend to kick in 3k to go at the end of a 1/2 marathon - so could adapt this for a downhill stage of a challenge pair - except Slug ain't having that!

Can you think of some challenges as revenge?

I think your 2k sharpener will be horrid - but it will help me.
I might have a chance of going sub-7 some time in my life?
Paul
OK...Focus...Speed...I am...Speed

webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Lasting effects of a honeymoon?

Post by webberg »

I was looking at my log today and one noticable and hopefully long lasting effect of joining FS seems to be a general raising of standards.

For example, prior to FS I was happy with a 10k of around 43:30. Now I regularly get under 43 and am disappointed if I go through a longer distance at over.

Equally on 5k, I was struggling at around 22mins. Now almost every time under that.

Is it just me or have others noticed this?
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Stan
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Stan »

Hi Graham
Yes absolutely. While I have set a lot of pbs recently - the overall standard has improved as well. Last year my 1 hour pb of 14561 was a one off and my more usual distance would have been 14200. Now I can almost guarantee 14400 or better and I am sure that pb will improve just as soon as the temperatures go down. Same thing with 10k and 30 mins. My overall average speed this year compared to last year has increased from 14.2 kph to 14.5 kph. Nothing impressive compared to some of you guys but as long as I am improving I am happy. This is in no small part due to the FS effect - so a big thankyou to you all.
pb times
Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

Me too. And it is inevitable that I will continue improving if I continue this level of training. Before FS I was doing maybe one or two rows a week of 10km. Now I am doing that nearly every day.

My fitness is improving day on day and as I lose weight (currently in the changing shape phase!) my times will improve.

BUT if I stop I will be screwed, but I am confident with the FS effect still working I will keep it up. There are enough of us now that there is always someone to chase.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days