Projections in Meterboard

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Projections in Meterboard

Post by JonT »

I have made a change to the Meterboard as an experiment. The "Days Active" column was never particularly meaningful. It was really reporting "Days that the Meterboard has seen updates". In other words if you row every day, but only upload meters once a week then at the end of the year your "Days Active" will be 52, not 365.

I've replaced this column with "Projection" which takes your current meters rowed and projects them out to the end of the season. For those of you checking my maths, remember that a day in Concept2-land does not start at 00:00 GMT.

This is just an experiment and easy to undo (I hope). So let me know what you prefer.

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Projections in Meterboard

Post by plummy »

I like it Jon. As you say, "days active" can be bang on accurate for some like me who upload metres on the day but for others it only means "how many times did I upload metres?" It's a better tool now in my opinion.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
jainser
Dedicated and True Free Spirit

Post by jainser »

I like it, great idea. I'm aiming to beat last year - so this really helps!
Thank you
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking
Iain
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Iain »

Many thanks for this Jon.

Question, why do 2 people have extra icons for boing forum followers for last year?
55 year old Lwt (in ability and in weight) trying to develop a technique that doesn't cause hysterics and continue to row regularly.
JonT

Post by JonT »

Iain wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:09 pm
Question, why do 2 people have extra icons for boing forum followers for last year?
I honestly don’t know. :evil:

I keep thinking I have fixed this and then they appear again. There is an odd interaction between the definition of the “challenge” and the way the icons are generated that is difficult to fathom. It is on the “if only life wasn’t short” list at the moment 8) :fsbgrin:
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent