Forum and Website Uprgrade this weekend

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Forum and Website Uprgrade this weekend

Post by JonT »

The forum and website software needs a quick upgrade. I will take the site down for a while at some point over the weekend. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to complete. [-o<
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
fkoene
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Re: Forum and Website Uprgrade this weekend

Post by fkoene »

JonT wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:40 am The forum and website software needs a quick upgrade. I will take the site down for a while at some point over the weekend. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to complete. [-o<
Good luck, Jon. Being an IT professional myself I know things don't always go the way you plan them, but I'm sure you'll handle it right.
jolo
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by jolo »

Thanks Jon
Joe
57 6'1" 90kg
JonT

Post by JonT »

The upgrade is complete and everything should be back to normal. Please shout if that isn't the case.

This was a relatively minor update so there aren't any features that you should notice any change to.

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Iain
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Iain »

I am being asked to sign on to a Development Site, normal sign on doesn't seem to work. Should I just ignore this?
55 year old Lwt (in ability and in weight) trying to develop a technique that doesn't cause hysterics and continue to row regularly.
JonT

Post by JonT »

Iain,

Plummy is having the same issue at the moment. What were you trying to do when it asked you to sign in to the dev site? I am struggling to recreate this, so it would be useful to know exactly what you were trying top access when you were prompted for login details.

There must be a lurking link somewhere to the development site from the main site.

[EDIT - I've found the culprit. My latest update on the Virtual Team Challenge was generated from the dev website and so had links within in which were also to the dev website. Thanks to Iain and Plummy for pointing this out. Sorry folks. :oops: #-o ].

Jon