Call for Rowers - Indoor Rowers League 20-21

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Call for Rowers - Indoor Rowers League 20-21

Post by JonT »

We are very short of time, but I have set up a new team for the Indoor Rowers League - the old team was full of rowers from last season and there is no way to remove them for a clean start.

For those of you who are not familiar with the competition, we can have a team of 10 people who compete in a different event each month. The top 8 scores count for the team in that month. The scores are all adjusted for age, gender and weight to even out the field. This month's event is a 4-min sprint.

If you want to join the team please go to the Indoor Rowers page. If you are new to the event you will need to register, if you have competed before please switch your team to Free Spirits 20-21, not Free Spirits. Any score you have for this month will carry over to the new team. You have until the end of the month to register for the team and also register a distance for the 4-min row.
Last edited by JonT on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
fkoene
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Re: Call for Rowers - Indoor Rowers League 20-21

Post by fkoene »

Done. Doesn't show in the in the results yet, but that will change soon I think. Not as smooth as your pages, Jon ;) :fswink:
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

I'm now registered. Now all I need to do is submit a distance. Still having back issues, so I've only done one row all month - a very slow 5k for the CTC. I'll aim to do the 4 minutes today and will to do the 5k again on Wednesday, back permitting.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
JonT

Post by JonT »

We are nearly all over to the new team now. Just Plummy missing I think. That will give us 8 seats taken and two remaining. Are you playing out Felton?

Take it easy Paul - any points are better than none. I am still on a no-stupid-exertion routine, so I will be putting in a steady row at some point today I hope.

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Claudius
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Post by Claudius »

I joined...but I would offer my seat if anyone else want to join...we are 9 rowers now...one more is possible!
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
Caratacus
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)

Post by Caratacus »

I will have a go tomorrow but happy to give up my seat for someone more keen as I'm not really erg fit at the moment
Felton H
JonT

Post by JonT »

Can we leave the last spot for Plummy please? He is still in the old boat at the moment and I'm assuming he will jump across soon.
Caratacus

Post by Caratacus »

JonT wrote:Can we leave the last spot for Plummy please? He is still in the old boat at the moment and I'm assuming he will jump across soon.
Absolutely fine by me Image
Felton H
JonT

Post by JonT »

Caratacus wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:48 am
JonT wrote:Can we leave the last spot for Plummy please? He is still in the old boat at the moment and I'm assuming he will jump across soon.
Absolutely fine by me Image
Felton, it may be worth banging in a quick 4-min row just in case Plummy fails to switch or gives up given all the issues he is having.