Dog Days of Summer

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Dog Days of Summer

Post by Jill »

JonT wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:30 pm 78 prancing dogs remain on the Meterboard after this week’s cut. So, the majority of the determined Freespirits made it through week 3. Onwards!
Cap’n Jon, thank you for the update. :)
commodoreann wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:33 pm For some reason, and I can give you plenty, this challenge is especially hard.

I try not to give up on these challenges and I have come this far.

I will try to push on the complete the rest of the meters I need this week, but, "it ain't fun".
Dear “ not bad for a 71 year young lady “, if some of your reasons are due to ongoing illness or physical discomfort, then everyone will understand if you wish to step down and retire with full honours. Health and well being should always come first. :)

If however, it’s all down to lack of enthusiasm, then you need to ‘ kick a*s ‘ your motivation. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Ann, there are only 11 women left in the challenge and 5 of those, including yourself and Peggy =D> :) of course, are from the USA.

Where’s your national pride girl? :fsbgrin: :fswink: In the UK I am classified as old, elderly, at risk, vulnerable and I hate it. 🤬 It’s pride ( and my ‘ stuff you ‘ old age, attitude ) that keeps me going. :fsbgrin:

I rowed just over 7,500 metres today and I plan to do the same for the next three days and hope that it will encourage and motivate you to do the same. 7,271 x 4 is all you need. 8) =D> :)

“ it aint fun “ - that’s the whole point, it isn’t meant to be, otherwise where’s the challenge? :fsbgrin:

Keep going kid. When I joined Free Spirits, you were and still are an inspiration to me. :) xxxx
K_Cat
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by K_Cat »

Yes, I'm still in the Challenge! Today was supposed to be only 2500m, but I reached an exciting part in the ebook I'm reading, so of course I had to keep rowing. Now I've only got 10k more to go. But I'll need to row more after that to finish this book.

Find your motivation! 33MM! Wow! I can only wish!!! I reached 10MM in Nov. 2018 and I've been goofing off ever since. I need more books, with lots of action. :)

Peggy
Jill
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Hi Peggy - well done for keeping up with the challenge, especially as you are almost there now. :)

I have tried listening to audio books when I’m rowing but have always found it difficult to concentrate on the words so happy to stick with my music. With Just Row, if I think it’s time to stop for a break and a lively number comes up on my iPod, then like you, I have to keep going.

Richard has now successfully ‘ trained ‘ me to use a Kindle because when one book worm marries another, the result/problem is always far too many books and where to put them all. At the moment I’m re-reading the Harry Bosch novels - always plenty of action guaranteed. I do hope that you will also find lots of action packed literature too.

It certainly looks as if Ann has found her missing motivation. 3869 metres to go. :)

Regards to you and your feline family and to Beautiful Bobbycat. :)
commodoreann
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by commodoreann »

Jill,

Thanks for the motivation. =D> =D> ^O^ . I put in 5K today to just finish the meters needed and I appreciated your push and looking out for me, including the exact number of meters I needed to complete this challenge. #-o

Peggy, bravo to you an this challenge, and Jill as well.=D>

As the senior woman on the Free Spirits team, my birthday is February and I believe Jill's is later in the year, we both can give motivation to all to get the job done! :lol:

This meter junkie of the past was happy to accomplish a successful end to the Dog Day of Summer!

Onward and upward to the next challenge. :roll: :shock:

Ann :fsbgrin:
I am not getting older, just better. (not bad for a 74 year young lady)
CRASH B silver medal 65-69 lwt 2016
33 million lifetime meters plus and counting......(05/12/20)
5 million season 4/07/11
actually 5.301,526 4/30/11
#44 on the C2 board
JonT
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by JonT »

The final results are in and the scores on the doors are 66 intrepid rowers completing the 100K event and 1 completing the 50K.

Well done to you all =D> =D> =D>

Hopefully by next year I will have automated this weekly process, but I won't bank on it! #-o

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Claudius
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Post by Claudius »

Hello, congrats to all finishers ! Finished my DogDay challenge with a for me very rare opportunity to row on the water, a standard row of 15k !
Attachments
20200828_221950.jpg
20200828_221950.jpg (57.81 KiB) Viewed 662 times
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
Wolfmiester

Post by Wolfmiester »

Just slightly more than required there Claudius :lol:

First time ever to complete this challenge for me too.
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k