Nonathlon Analyser

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Nonathlon Analyser

Post by Paul Victory »

Crushy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:42 pm Paul V
Looking at Nonathlon you seem to have varied your name over time.
Current Paul Victory
Previously PaulVic and PAULVIC
I think this might be what's causing the issue.
Crushy
Hi Crushy

You beat me to it! I've just gone back over my nonathlon history and I have always called myself paulvic until this year. But I've had four different combinations of lower and upper case, varying from all upper case to all lower case and also including Paulvic and PaulVic. I've no idea why this happened (or, perhaps more accurately, why I did this #-o ), but I think you're spot on in identifying the reason for the absence of my earlier results.

Jon, if it's not too much trouble, would you be able to combine my results under all the above combinations, please? My records go back to 2007, which was the year I joined Free Spirits.

Thanks
Paul
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by JonT »

Paul Victory wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:47 pm You beat me to it! I've just gone back over my nonathlon history and I have always called myself paulvic until this year. But I've had four different combinations of lower and upper case, varying from all upper case to all lower case and also including Paulvic and PaulVic. I've no idea why this happened (or, perhaps more accurately, why I did this #-o ), but I think you're spot on in identifying the reason for the absence of my earlier results.
If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to combine my results under all the above combinations, please? My records go back to 2007, which was the year I joined Free Spirits.
Thanks
Paul
No problem Paul.I built the ability to fix this into the code. But obviously I need people to let me know what names they have used for me to fix this. If anyone else has used different names and want them including just let me know. Hopefully others have not been quite so fidgety with names :lol: #-o

Edit - OK I think you have a complete history now Paul. Helpfully, this showed up a "lovely" feature of SQL databases which it turns out are not case sensitive by default. Who on earth thought that was a good idea! You can imagine what kind of issues this caused in your case :evil:
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
JonT

Post by JonT »

Crushy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:30 pm Jon
Just having a look and picked Stan as someone that I knew had been doing Nonathalon for a while. The radar graph section of his personal has a Fatal error message as he hasn't done anything this year (or for the last few). I don't think it will affect too many as most people looking at things will be currently active but you might want to catch that for a wider release version.
Crushy
This is now fixed as far as I can see.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
JonT

Post by JonT »

Crushy wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:59 pm JonT
From a purely geeky PoV I was thinking re the 30min/10k thing and noticed that my graphs would have a more pleasing shape if the two were reversed. I seem to be better at the 2K to 30min section and it slopes off at either end except for a bump where the 30/10 thing happens.
This is all just my slight OCD (I think all geeks have this to a degree) but thought I would mention it.
Crushy
Happy now? :lol: :lol:

I was going to do the whole page of graphs, but it got quite involved.

If anyone wants to try this then just follow the link above and then change crushy to your Nonathlon rower name in the page address at the top of the browser. If you have a space in your name then you will have to use %20 instead of the space. For example, Paul Victory has a space in his rower name on Nonathlon and so would need to put

Code: Select all

https://www.copernicusservices.com/Nonathlon2/crushyview.php?rowerId=Paul%20Victory
to get his scores shown as alternative radar graphs.
Crushy
Spends too much time in the forum
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Crushy »

That looks lovely Jon.
Many thanks.
Irregular socially competitive rower. (b. 1966) Always hated erging. Started again for excersise in lockdown.
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks Jon. Looks great. Now all I have to do is try to get scores that are in the same galaxy as some of my scores from a few years back. :shock:
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Stan
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Stan »

very impressive piece of work Jon which currently highlights the fact I haven't entered any scores this year yet. Basically because they are just embarrassingly awful at the moment, but I am going to put a couple of times in just to see improvements again as time goes on.
pb times
JonT

Post by JonT »

As I write the database is rebuilding itself. I have made some changes to the way names are handled having spotted some issues. The code wasn't handling some characters properly such as the accents in Gégé17, which was being turned in Gg17. Also, some names were being truncated because that is how they are displayed on the Nonathlon board, so Gregor Andrews was being changed to "Gregor Andrew..." and consequently none of his history was being displayed properly. Everything else should still work as normal.

I may be working with Thomas to move the entire website, forums and MeterBoard over to my hosting account this weekend. If that doesn't happen I might have a bash at building the meta-nonathlon into the analyser.
Last edited by JonT on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plummy

Post by plummy »

Great efforts going on here Jon - thank you for your efforts =D> ^O^
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
JonT

Post by JonT »

As part of the on-going website migration, I am also moving a bunch of things. This will mean that the Nonathlon Analyser is temporarily unavailable and the link to it may change at least once as it shuffles towards it's final destination which will be to sit inside the Free Spirits Website.
JonT

Post by JonT »

I have migrated the analyser over to the new hosting site. For now you can access it at https://fssandbox.com/nonathlon_analyser/Nonathlon.php. There are some odd, spurious characters in the "position" column which I will prize out with the software equivalent of that tool they use to remove stones from horse's hooves at some point. :D

Please let me know if anything else seems not to be working.
JonT

Post by JonT »

JonT wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:42 pm There are some odd, spurious characters in the "position" column which I will prize out with the software equivalent of that tool they use to remove stones from horse's hooves at some point. :D
Sorted (aka hacked). I can slot the tool safely away in my software Swiss Army Knife until next time.

Jon

P.S. For those of you who think I have gone mad -> take a look
JonT

Post by JonT »

I have now placed links to the Nonathlon Analyser and the Metanonathlon on the Utilities Menu of our home page to make them easier to access.
JonT

Post by JonT »

The folks at the Nonathlon have put a link to the analyser on their main menu. Hopefully this will drive some traffic to our web site and perhaps attract some more members......and hopefully there aren’t a whole bunch of bugs lingering that will now get uncovered. [-o<