Concept 2 Error code 121-37 PM4

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Magrew
Warming up
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Concept 2 Error code 121-37 PM4

Post by Magrew »

Hi,

I have just bought a secondhand model E with a PM4. When I connect it to a usb I get this code. There is no logcard in the machine.

I have tried to do a firmware reset and update the firmware but it reports no device connected on the utility app. Rowpro recognises it is connected but the monitor won't work due to the error code. Has anyone seen this before and can assist?

Thanks in advance.

Stewart
Magrew
Warming up

Re: Concept 2 Error code 121-37 PM4

Post by Magrew »

It is OK I have resolved the issue. For the benefit of others I had to go through this process.

Remove the patteries from the PM for a number of hours, in my case it was 4 but C2 advise overnight.
When you reinstall the batteries hold the units and display button simultaneously, this will do a full reset on the PM and on older ones wipe the memory.
Then connect to your update device, in my case a surface go.
Using the Concept 2 utility app upgrade the firmware to the most recent version, mine was running on 26, it is now on 29.
That's it, job done.

I am now in the very pleasing position of having similar machine and PM set up at home for the weekends and where I travel to work through the week. This will allow me to follow a proper planned training regime.
Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Wolfmiester »

Glad you got it sorted Stewart, double the pain, sorry, fun in 2 locations now then :-)
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
MaxMacLaren1
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by MaxMacLaren1 »

Well done on getting it fixed. Much cheaper than having to buy a new PM5! Hopefully you'll keep us all updated on how your training goes :fssmile:.
Max

Male, 53yrs, 83kg, 181cm
Magrew
Warming up

Post by Magrew »

Thanks guys.

With luck now I can actually follow a programme I will progress in my pace. I have had a machine for 3 years but only managed 300k over that time. It has been difficult to firm a habit living away from home so frequently. This will remove the excuses.

I was lucky with the second machine, I bought it from a gym that didn't understand it mechanically. It was so clogged with dust when I picked it up it was only offering a drag factor of 47 on 10. A few minutes with a hoover and I got to 185 on the drag factor, it now offers a very similar drag factor to mine at 5 where I normally use the one in Edinburgh so sitting about 120.

Now just to get that 5k below 20 minutes. :lol: