Anybody want two lowly rowing servants from the UNM team?

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Tom Barrick
True Free Spirit

Post by Tom Barrick »

Mike Channin wrote::D Tom - you now have an Extreme Challenge named after you...
Hey! Wish you had done my personal July challenge instead. 50K x 30 days. :twisted: There is a one week allowance of sickness afterwards, and it comes with a free body cast. :roll: Seriously, I'll never do that one again. Thanks for the titled challenge, I think I'll give it a shot. :wink:

And, agree, forget pacing, beer is better. Best way to get those carbs back into the body. <raises mug>
CTC - ELM - Nonathlon

MaxDev
True Free Spirit

Post by MaxDev »

50K x 30 days? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mike I know did 50x7 in the summer as well, and says in a post on here that he felt like he had the knees of a 60-year old at the end of it.

I personally found 50x4 last week quite hard enough. I can't imagine sitting down to do a 50K every day FOR A MONTH!

(Or perhaps I just don't want to imagine it... yes, that must be it... my mind simply refuses to contemplate such insanity.)

A belated welcome to you both, Tom and Jennifer!

Max
Maxim Devereaux
32, 6'1", less than 100kgs if I'm lucky

PBs:

Designed for living; built for erging
ptruz
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by ptruz »

Max:

This guy makes you and Paul look sane!
Tom Barrick
True Free Spirit

Post by Tom Barrick »

No, sorry, it wasn't 50K x 30 days. It was to average 50K for 30 days, meaning there were days when I had a 30K, but then a day where there'd have to be a 70K day. Also, I really *am* sane. I didn't do what Mike Channin did, with the large pieces all in one sitting. Mine were 25s, 20s, and 15s mostly. Being insane is sitting on a moving seat for more than 2 straight hours...without a movie to watch. :wink:
CTC - ELM - Nonathlon

Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

Yes, I have no doubt that vast distances can be rowed if you break it up and don't pull too hard.

For me it is just the time commitment - but if you have the time and the motivation why not?
51 yrs - A cyclist these days