Thanks! (I think) Am I taking this far too seriously?

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Thanks! (I think) Am I taking this far too seriously?

Post by Wolfmiester »

Since finding Free Spirits last week I'm definately more motivated to row more meters, get fitter, and attack some time targets. So thanks to everyone of you for that!
Some of the info. on the forum is superb, if maybe a little too much to take in for one new to the topics.
The HR verses pace question is a particular quandry.

Two things that stand out though pose the qustion of "am I taking this too seriously"?
1- I've convinced my better half to let me log her meters for the cause, and she's even doing a 2k timed piece (as I type) for the 1st time EVER so I can log it on CTC.
2 - (and this is the worrying one) I've booked a session with Eddie Fletcher to check HR, technique, & stuff!
I'd be happy to share the experience if anyone is interested?

Thanks again, and I hope the burst of interest is maintained over a lengthy period :D
Steve (Wolfie)
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

It does last - I started a thread called the "honeymoon period" or something (found it: http://www.freespiritsrowing.com/forum/ ... =honeymoon) but that was in July! I am still going strong.

Gregor has indeed disappeared but this is because of his job and his move to Croatia and the Concept 2 being in a container somewhere on the North sea.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days