Force Firmware Update

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Force Firmware Update

Post by JonT »

I seem to be stuck in a loop. I have Beta firmware on my PM5 (don't ask me how!). When I use the Concept2 utility it says there is a more recent release and I install it on the USB. But when I insert the USB into the PM5 it doesn't spot that firmware is on the USB and just carries on with the Beta installed. Does anyone know how to force the PM5 to install the latest firmware?

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Grobi
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Re: Force Firmware Update

Post by Grobi »

Hi Jon, the manual says to first plug in the USB stick and THEN switch on the PM5. Did you do it in that order?

If that doesn't work, maybe try installing the firmware via USB cable directly from your computer.
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

JonT

Re: Force Firmware Update

Post by JonT »

Yes I did it that way Peter but no joy. Looking more carefully, I seem to have the very latest Beta version so I am hoping when a more recent firmware becomes available this will all correct itself. For now I will just live with it.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent