May ctc - BW Rowing sprint monster

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: May ctc - BW Rowing sprint monster

Post by Paul Victory »

I managed to do this challenge today. I was hoping to get somewhere around the 1550 mark, but didn't come close.apart from general lack of fitness, I made two mistakes.

The first was to set the DF too high, at 153 versus my normal 130 to 132. It felt heavy from the start, but I didn't want to break the (unwritten) rule by changing the DF between intervals and it was only afterwards that it occurred to me that I could have stopped after the first interval and started Sol over again with a lower DF. ^O^

My second mistake was to get up and walk around after the 8th interval. I was very out of breath and walking around made me far worse and I really struggled over the last two intervals, which were my slowest at 148 and 146 meters respectively. Overall total was 1521m, which gets me a seat in boat 6 (I think).

Hopefully my back will not suffer any ill effects. I felt really cream crackered after the session and had to walk around slowly for about twenty minutes to cool off.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: May ctc - BW Rowing sprint monster

Post by CamiCrew »

Props to all logging this one, especially if you did it multiple times. My hat's off to you!
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"