Heart Monitors

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Heart Monitors

Post by JonT »

My Polar H7 seems to have gone on the blink. Tried new batteries etc. A bit disappointing after only 2.5 years of relatively light use. :evil:

Any recommendations for a replacement? I was thinking of sticking with the Polar or possibly the Wahoo TICKR X because I could wear it while refereeing rugby and not have to carry any device alongside it (it has internal memory for 16 hours of data).

Jon

P.S. Rugby season is nearly over so I will be back on the erg for a summer of pain.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Grobi
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Re: Heart Monitors

Post by Grobi »

Hi Jon,

I'm using this BlueLeza heart rate monitor: https://www.amazon.de/BlueLeza-Bluetoot ... al_qh_dp_t

It has bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity. It's very comfortable (chest belt is made of stretch material) and works fine with PM4 and PM5.
Last edited by Grobi on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

LilyG
Warming up

Post by LilyG »

Hi Jon, my first H7 did the same after a year, but the replacement has been going great guns ever since and i use it 5 days a week.....may be you just got a dud?
F - 52, 5' 3", 9st 9lbs - good things come in small packages!
Draggon
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Draggon »

JonT wrote:My Polar H7 seems to have gone on the blink. Tried new batteries etc.
Have you ruled out a band problem? I've had to replace at least two polar bands over the years, but their newer design seems much better.
JonT

Post by JonT »

Thanks for the replies folks. I didn't see Draggon's reply until after I had placed an order :shock:

I have gone for the Wahoo Tickr X on the basis that reviews are good, it is dual band, and it stores 16 hours of data without a phone which means I can use it when I am refereeing (out of interest) without carrying a phone which is a bad idea with 30 people crashing into each other and occasionally into you!

I'll let you know how I get on with it.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent