VIDEO done now :) OrangeRider's 100k on Fri 17th

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

Marcus - apparently the next big milestone distance is 160.94km or 100 miles! Mr Gould is already planning an attempt at some point. Not certain I fancy that!

Good to hear you're back - must arrange a beer sometime soon!

Alternatively, we could mount an extreme erging expedition in the City...
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
OrangeRider

Post by OrangeRider »

webberg - that is the most ridiculous suggestion I have heard for a very long time - I'm loving it :D

mike - a beer is one of the better suggestions I have heard, since perhaps the last time I was offered a beer :D Um, when is the FS Chirstmas drink?

mike - the 160k / 100 mile is definitely a possibility - With efficient team work and efficient pacing ANYTHING is possible :wink:
MaxDev
True Free Spirit

Post by MaxDev »

Nice idea, though with 2 ergs and 12 hours I think 400km is about as far as you could hope to get - which is still 16667 metres per hour per erg.

We're not MAD or Royce's Gym, so I doubt we could do any more than that, and there's a point of diminishing returns due to the time required for changeovers, so you can't make the teams that huge. Even to do 16667 metres / hour requires people to do continuous 2K pieces at 7:12.

1 million metres could just about be done with 5 ergs in 12 hours, though even that's probably beyond our capabilities. 6 ergs for comfort (which is then similar to BDKs challenge).
Maxim Devereaux
32, 6'1", less than 100kgs if I'm lucky

PBs:

Designed for living; built for erging
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Marcus - there will definitely be a FS xmas drink on the 15th to celebrate the completion of the million meter relay. I think we can let you come along IF you offer to row one of the hours for us - it would be great to have you involved! And try not to fall off the seat this time! :lol: :wink:

Max - well done for pointing the 12 x 2 thing out. I'd just worked that out too!
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
OrangeRider

Post by OrangeRider »

Mike - to save me reading the relevant forum - just tell me where I need to be and at what time, I will happily row an hour for the 1m metre marathon.

As long as there is a cool ale waiting for me at the end... :P

TVM
OrangeRider
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Marcus - 19:00 on 13/12/06 - 1 hour. As much as you can manage (go for a 60 min PB if you can) (and I'll be having a beer somewhere that night, so will let you know where to go once you've finished!)
OrangeRider

Post by OrangeRider »

Mike - no problems! I'll happily do that and I will go for my 60' PB.

I'll bell you afterwards and we can have a couple of drinks.

TVM
OrangeRider