Missing mojo

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Recess
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Missing mojo

Post by Recess »

Paul Victory wrote:I know I could probably find the answers by doing a bit of research, but do you get a bracket to mount your phone on top of the PM4 and how many people can take part in a single race? Also, how much does an iPhone cable cost (presumably a lot more than an Android one :roll: )?
Not sure about the answers to these questions. I'll ask Nick - and get back to you. I'd guess that you'd probably have to buy the bracket on top of the cable (which is still cheaper than a PM5!) but I'll wait to hear back...

John
It's not how far you go... It's how go you far.

Follow my training blog as I try to break a world record: http://johntherower.com
Recess

Post by Recess »

mark88man wrote: I am normally a bit organised, in that I have a Pete plan spreadsheet and aim to get through those
Mark, what kinda spreadsheet is it? I'm trying to work out how to aggregate all the different sessions I've picked up over the past year, and filter them into a Pete Plan style workout, rotating between Endurance, Endurance Intervals, Sprints, Endurance Tests and Sprint Tests.

But I'm a bit crap at Excel... I'm taking a crash course on how to design something by watching YouTube videos, but it's not as simple as making television programmes it seems!
Paul Victory wrote: I know I could probably find the answers by doing a bit of research, but do you get a bracket to mount your phone on top of the PM4 and how many people can take part in a single race? Also, how much does an iPhone cable cost (presumably a lot more than an Android one :roll: )?
I asked this on the LiveRowing facebook page. The standard iPhone connection kit from the Concept2 UK website will suffice (though you may need to buy the cable and cradle separately?) Race wise, as far as i can work this out, it's kinda like when you used to be able to import other people's rows in RowPro.

So I'd do a row - challenge you, and then you'd have me on the screen to race against. But not 'Live' as the app may suggest in its name. I can only assume that if I challenge 4 people, all three people will eventually be able to pop up on screen when it's the last person's go. But that's just what I read into things.

Really LiveRowing is a halfway option. Gives you more competition than ErgData, it's a good way to compete with others when you're not near RowPro - but if you want Live competition, Rowpro may still be the way to go.

John
It's not how far you go... It's how go you far.

Follow my training blog as I try to break a world record: http://johntherower.com
mark88man
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by mark88man »

Hi

This is a screenshot of a simple dashboard which copies my times from the details sheet (below) and then using the 5s per double distance calculates how far my piece is off from my theoretical best. On the right I keep a simple log of when I have done the pieces - I try and do these chronologically, but I don't stick rigidly to it. I tend to use the C2 log as the master data store for all my pieces. In terms of integrating long distance stuff and the PP, I effectively alternate long sessions with PP sessions - so not really integrated in any sense rather parallel programmes done by the same guy!!
pete-plan-dashboard.jpg
pete-plan-dashboard.jpg (417.44 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
This is my detailed sheet, where I plumb in all the details of PP and the recommended timings from the plan. I also experimented a bit with nonathlon levelling. So some of the rows show best time predictions based on 2K based on best nonathlon, ... but that was more useful when I was much fitter. I just need to get through the PP a couple more times before they will start making sense
pete-plan-details.jpg
pete-plan-details.jpg (441.45 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Very much home grown and roll you own sort of spreadsheet
Mark, 52, 1.90m, was 125kg (on 12/1/2015), now 110kg having been briefly at 99kg in 2016
Used to be this good (2007/8 Seasons)
Am now this good - (2017 Season)
Rob C
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016

Post by Rob C »

My motivation to row is always unpredictable. My natural instinct is not to do excercise but slump on the sofa in front of the TV. That's evidenced by my erging history where I can disappear for a few months at a time. This summer I am certainly struggling, as by now I'd expect to have times in all the Nonathlon disciplines, yet I've only got a couple. Last month was particularly bad where I wasn't even getting home from work in sufficient time to even think of the C2.

But somehow I need motivation not just to get on the rower, but to do other exercise too. A balance is needed. When I was away last May it became very apparent to me that whilst I (at that time) had reasonable pace and stamina on the erg, doing any other exercise, perhaps needing slightly different muscle groups, showed I did not have all round fitness. So somehow, whilst the erg has a place, I need to put energy into other stuff too. Now that double whammy really needs some inspirational motivation that I don't have.
Paul Victory
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Mine seems to have suddenly vanished! I managed to limp to 1,000,000 meters for the season three days ago and haven't felt any inclination to hop on the erg since then. I'm not usually this bad (particularly when there's a team challenge on!), but I'm definitely suffering from an extreme case of CBA right now.

I'd welcome any helpful suggestions, constructive criticism, etc. Or maybe I just need a good kick in the a***. :roll: [-X
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Paul, this is a suggestion ... :)

If you look at page one of The Beginner's Thread, you'll see, under the heading, ' I'm Worthless - ( Goal Setting ), Zoot's post, dated, May 25th 2013 and underneath that, your reply.
strider77
Free Spirit forever

Post by strider77 »

No problem Paul, 5:47.1 & 39:29.6 !
[b]67 5ft 10ins tall, 80k, proud to be a Free Spirit[/b]
[img]https://tinyurl.com/fsrsigs/fssig-285.png[/img]
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks Jill. Interesting read.

Alan, I don't think I'll get anywhere your 10k time right now, but I guess I should put down a marker.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
plummy

Post by plummy »

Paul - you are a multiple national record holder and have rowed an incredible total of metres so there's a) going to be periods when it all feels too much trouble and b) you've nothing to prove. Most full time athletes have down time / off seasons so letting the erg take second/third/fourth place or just collecting dust for a while isn't a real problem, just one we feel guilty about when away from it.
I've tended to find that a little reset helps - just row slower for less time so when you get off the beastie you're not actually tired and can immediately crack on with enjoying something else (even if that something else is - nothing) rather than spending the rest of the day recovering and too tired to do anything much else.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks plummy. I think I just need a few days off to recharge my batteries. Then I need to accept that I'll be a bit slower than previously and not allow it to freak me out.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow and may venture back on the erg or I may just go for a long walk.
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017

Post by CamiCrew »

Paul get yourself a pack of yellow post-its. And a black sharpie. Locate a suitable mirror, such as one above your dresser.

Should you need further instruction on victim selection or disposal, you know who to consult... :twisted: :lol:

(And yes, recharge first) :fswink:
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

What is C2 mojo :? Mine seems to have long since departed :(