New team logo(s) for ctc website?

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Grobi
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
I row on...: Model D with PM5

New team logo(s) for ctc website?

Post by Grobi »

For those of you who are on FB, there's a debate going on whether or not some of the team logos on the website should be exchanged/updated (within the ctc group)? I don't know if Stan as our team captain has been contacted regarding this. If not, I think we should raise our voice to stake our claim?
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: New team logo(s) for ctc website?

Post by plummy »

Which FB site Peter?
60 yrs old, 82kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old and brittle for this malarky
Grobi
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Grobi »

The site is called "C2CTC (Concept2 Cross Team Challenge)": https://www.facebook.com/groups/811435128892611/

It's a closed group and you don't seem to be a member, so that's why you don't have access. I just added you (which has yet to be confirmed by an admin).
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Stan »

The debate is on facebook but they are discussing the logo on the actual ctc website as well as the facebook site.
Regarding the actual CTC site, it was written by Daren and is run by Dougie, those are the two to be discussing it with. Daren hasn't been seen for years and I am not sure Dougie is able to do it - depends on what admin rights he has. Having said that, it would be nice if our logo was included, but I doubt its doable. Its certainly not going to happen just because a group on facebook wants it to.
Regarding the facebook logo, I am sure that is changeable, just not sure how it would be done - presumably by the person who set up the facebook page.
pb times
Paul Victory
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Stan wrote:it would be nice if our logo was included, but I doubt its doable. Its certainly not going to happen just because a group on facebook wants it to.
I know that Dougie is virulently anti Facebook, so any request for a change would have to be made through the ISS forum. I'm inclined to agree with Stan that it's probably not going to happen, unfortunately.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg