Happy Birthday Peggy Hubbard

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Happy Birthday Peggy Hubbard

Post by Paul Victory »

Happy birthday Peggy! A little bit late, but still your birthday across the pond. Hope you're having a great day!

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
K_Cat
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Re: Happy Birthday Peggy Hubbard

Post by K_Cat »

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Paul! Hopefully I’ll get back in the swing of rowing again, soon. Meanwhile I’m still keeping up my daily running streak. It’s not that I’ve stopped enjoying rowing, it’s just that I have a lot to think about, and rowing seems to suffer more from distractions than running. Just spending a lot of time worrying about my daughter, as her dad (my ex from over 20 yrs ago) had emergency cancer surgery at the beginning of April. He's entitled to make his own health decisions, of course, but if he delays his chemo treatments much longer... :( Frustrating and stressful, especially for my daughter, and therefore for me too.

Anyway, thanks again for the birthday wishes! I'm sure I'll regain my rowing mojo soon.

Peggy
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Happy Birthday again Peggy. :)

I am sorry to hear that that you and your daughter are going through such a stressful time.

When family or friends are having to cope with problems, we want to be able to offer practical help or come up with the perfect words of wisdom, or both. Even though we know that realistically, most of the time this isn't possible, we still feel frustrated and helpless when we can't.

From you Facebook comments, by talking to your daughter and by listening to her worries and concerns, you are still providing her with a great deal of comfort. :)

Oh. And by the way, you need to do your absolute best to regain your rowing mojo - having me ahead of you on the Meterboard should be incentive enough. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Take care
Jill :)
strider77
Free Spirit forever
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by strider77 »

A belated happy Birthday Peggy and good wishes with your current worries, I hope they get resolved soon :)
[b]67 5ft 10ins tall, 80k, proud to be a Free Spirit[/b]
[img]https://tinyurl.com/fsrsigs/fssig-285.png[/img]
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by CamiCrew »

Hi Peggy and a belated Cheers for your birthday. Glad the running helps to keep the worries somewhat at bay. I've seen you mention run streak tracking, which sounds like a good way to stay dedicated.

Keep checking in. Maybe we should pick a day and do a ladies solidarity row piece. Certainly can relate to how tough it is when family is undergoing a health crisis.

Take care, will be thinking of you.
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"