2015-16 season successes & lessons

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

InlineJinn
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018
I row on...: Model D with PM5

2015-16 season successes & lessons

Post by InlineJinn »

I don't think anyone has started one of these for this season yet, and I hope I'm not jinxing anything by starting before the season is over (at least here in the USA).

I've had a great season, thanks to Free Spirits. Unless Plummy pops one of his 100km rows, I'm safely in 30th on the Meterboard, a great improvement over last season's 70-something place. What a motivation-generator! I've also discovered that just piling on the distance leads to tendon strain and fatigue--so I've gone back to the Pete Plan for a bit, and feel much better (except right after hard intervals :roll: ). I might add that rowing has me in amazing cardio shape for a 56 year old man, and has done wonders for my back, shoulder impingement, and knees.

So thanks for this community that does so much for me. You rock!
John B.
63, 5'8" lwt, C2 D PM5, started 1/2015, certified mileage nut but then I found hot yoga but then I hurt my shoulders but then I had surgery and now I can still row and do hot yoga yay!
Juergie
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: 2015-16 season successes & lessons

Post by Juergie »

Excellent point, John.

This has been my first complete season. I also find the meterboard highly motivating. But it also makes me do things, that are not healthy for me. In the attempt to climb the meterboard ladder I've had several (overstrain related) injuries during the season.

But nevertheless, it has been a heck of a ride and I really enjoy being a Free Spirit!

Juergen