Can someone please explain .............

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Robski1968
Warming up
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Can someone please explain .............

Post by Robski1968 »

........... how can it be that a new member suddenly enters the meter board with 2m plus metres?

I've said it on here before that the meter board is my biggest motivation, staying ahead of those just behind me & trying to catch those ahead. Very frustrating.
Peter_S
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Re: Can someone please explain .............

Post by Peter_S »

The meterboard imports meters from a member's C2 log book. When a new member joins Free Spirits, all the current season's meters are posted to the meterboard.

Or else, maybe the new guy did 2+ million meters one day this week? :roll:

Seriously, I found that the meterboard provided motivation to try to catch those ahead of me and stay ahead of close rivals, but ultimately, I could control only the meters I did and not what others did. Frustrating at times, especially on C2 challenges when several 100,000 meters would appear overnight, but perhaps phantom meters helped their egos. I do not think that is the case here.

Stay motivated and enjoy rowing. A few bad words may help. :lol:

Peter
hewitt
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

Post by hewitt »

The guy is obviously a new member to our team. If you leave and go to another team your meters will go with you. He may never have been a member of a team before but really enjoys rowing so all his meters this season will come with him. :fsgrin:
Everybody has a plan until they get a punch in the face.

51 years old.
Draggon
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Draggon »

Peter_S wrote:The meterboard imports meters from a member's C2 log book. When a new member joins Free Spirits, all the current season's meters are posted to the meterboard.
Yep - I'm new this season, too, and was surprised when my monstrous accumulation of 54k Meters from this season came on board with me when I signed up... :lol:
Kirstin
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Kirstin »

Draggon wrote:
Peter_S wrote:The meterboard imports meters from a member's C2 log book. When a new member joins Free Spirits, all the current season's meters are posted to the meterboard.
Yep - I'm new this season, too, and was surprised when my monstrous accumulation of 54k Meters from this season came on board with me when I signed up... :lol:
Newbie this season as well. I think I brought about 76K with me. I find it ridiculously motivating to crawl up the meter board past folks who started collecting this season's meters on May 1 when I started on Dec. 9. Now I'm trying to get my first million before the season ends on Apr. 30.
InlineJinn
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018

Post by InlineJinn »

Kristin wrote:
Newbie this season as well. I think I brought about 76K with me. I find it ridiculously motivating to crawl up the meter board past folks who started collecting this season's meters on May 1 when I started on Dec. 9. Now I'm trying to get my first million before the season ends on Apr. 30.
And Draggon wrote:
Yep - I'm new this season, too, and was surprised when my monstrous accumulation of 54k Meters from this season came on board with me when I signed up...
I too joined the team late last season, and used the Meterboard as my motivator to climb to something like 76th at the end of my first season (and get my first million meters). I'm rowing my heart out to stay in the top 30 this year, and I know I would not be putting in the hours were it not for my competitive nature and someone to chase. So warmest welcome and hearty encouragement to both of you!

John B.
63, 5'8" lwt, C2 D PM5, started 1/2015, certified mileage nut but then I found hot yoga but then I hurt my shoulders but then I had surgery and now I can still row and do hot yoga yay!
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Congratulations Robski - and anyone working the Meterboard, especially those upper registers. Seems to me once you get around 50th, the air gets thick and it gets verrrrrry hard to breathe :fsbgrin: :fsbgrin: And certainly you have to work very hard to maintain your acceleration.

Nice rowing!

p.s. Jill -- are you there? Business idea... shall we print up some Free Spirits branded post it note pads, seems there's quite a market for the selling of spots to write MB victims' names? :wink:
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Draggon

Post by Draggon »

InlineJinn wrote:So warmest welcome and hearty encouragement to both of you!
Thanks, John B. I've found it's a pretty nice place to hang out... so far! ;)

Draggon
danfennell
Free Spirit

Post by danfennell »

I'm not a new member but I can explain what happened to me.

C2 recently made a change in how interval data is uploaded/displayed in the logbook when using Ergdata. As a result it appears all this seasons workouts were re-imported by the new system and reclassified resulting in the meterboard interpreting it as a one day 2,529,067 upload.

http://log.concept2.com/blog/uploading-interval-data
Dan | Age:48 | Ht: 186cm | Wt: 93kg
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

CamiCrew wrote:p.s. Jill -- are you there? Business idea... shall we print up some Free Spirits branded post it note pads, seems there's quite a market for the selling of spots to write MB victims' names?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m here. :fssmile:

This is an excellent virtual business idea - we should ‘ make a virtual killing * ‘. =D> :lol: :wink:

All the the virtual post it notes need to come with a virtual health warning:

“ Virtual yellow stickies can attract virtual snipers. Always check your virtual back before you start your virtual rowing. “ [-o< :lol: :wink:

* Not sure if this expression is used in America? It means making lots of money from some kind of investment or business venture.

Jill :) - The Original Meterboard Murderess :lol: :wink:
Draggon

Post by Draggon »

Jill wrote: ‘ make a virtual killing * ‘

* Not sure if this expression is used in America? It means making lots of money from some kind of investment or business venture.
It is. :)
zootMutant
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016

Post by zootMutant »

Robski - another thought...

Some people don't have easy access to a computer. They store their workouts on their log card and then upload those workouts to C2 maybe once a week*... or once a month... or once a year. C2 correctly slots these workouts into the correct date in the log book, but the Free Spirits metreboard lumps them all as a single workout.

On Monday, I logged-on to the C2 website for the first time this year. The Free Spirits metreboard shows me as new with 178,000 metres... but those metres are actually spread out over the last 10 months.

* It looks like Joi Bear updates her log book Sunday evenings.

Cheers,
GrantR

Post by GrantR »

Kirstin wrote:Newbie this season as well. I think I brought about 76K with me. I find it ridiculously motivating to crawl up the meter board past folks who started collecting this season's meters on May 1 when I started on Dec. 9. Now I'm trying to get my first million before the season ends on Apr. 30.
We've been neck and neck going up the meterboard all of March :) you sneak ahead of me, then miss a day and I get back ahead again! I've been trying to hit a 10k on every single day of march for the challenge, but think I need to take a rest day tonight - last couple of days I rowed a little too hard and a few nights of <6 hours sleep and other excuses. You'll take that lead back :0
Kirstin

Post by Kirstin »

GrantR wrote:
Kirstin wrote:Newbie this season as well. I think I brought about 76K with me. I find it ridiculously motivating to crawl up the meter board past folks who started collecting this season's meters on May 1 when I started on Dec. 9. Now I'm trying to get my first million before the season ends on Apr. 30.
We've been neck and neck going up the meterboard all of March :) you sneak ahead of me, then miss a day and I get back ahead again! I've been trying to hit a 10k on every single day of march for the challenge, but think I need to take a rest day tonight - last couple of days I rowed a little too hard and a few nights of <6 hours sleep and other excuses. You'll take that lead back :0
I'll certainly try. :)

Looks like we are both in good shape to get that million meters before the season ends.
nickb4782a
Warming up

Post by nickb4782a »

I fully understand that the names on the meter board will fluctuate up and down the placing to a degree dependant on when rows are entered whether on the day or later during the season but I am totally confused by the fact that we are in the first week of the new season and several members have a million plus meters logged for the first day which does not compute in my small brain.

I must admit that I am quite competitive as it is a way for me to stay reasonably focused to reach my fitness goals but this looks slightly adrift of a level playing field at the start of the new season so would appreciate some input on the logic of it.
its not who is in front you need to worry about but the ones behind you
lcantey

Post by lcantey »

The top meter spot is 158039 as I'm posting this. Ignore the daily entries which have some artifacts from last season in them. The totals are correct.
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

It should all correct itself tomorrow and all those big numbers should disappear. They are just legacy numbers from the end of last season and (I think) are only there for those that either did or didn't row on the last day of last season (I can't remember which way around it works). It's quite normal for them to be there for the first week then just vanish.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
nickb4782a
Warming up

Post by nickb4782a »

plummy wrote:It should all correct itself tomorrow and all those big numbers should disappear .
I appreciate the replies and confirmation. :)

I am sure that it will be tough enough for me to keep up with the super fit and or totally commited team members chasing the top 10 places without worrying about the numbers
its not who is in front you need to worry about but the ones behind you