Internet racing/training - anyone up for it?

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Internet racing/training - anyone up for it?

Post by Thomas W-P »

I have finally got my internet racing/training working - thanks to those fine people at Forum Flyers and their open 10km on Thursday nights at 7:40.

I am very keen to have some Free Spirits internet meetings. Perhaps the global handicap series could be the global handicap series live! :D

Internet racing is available to both e-Row and RowPro users - and they can race/train with each other.

From the RowPro help files:
RowPro wrote:Connecting to the Race Server

Internet Racing is enabled by:
  • A Web Server that handles users and race admin functions and gets people to the start line.
  • A Race Server that shuttles race data back and forth between the participants in real time during each race.
These servers are located at http://www.digitalrowing.com, replacing the original servers at Concept2 that were used with e-Row, which have now been retired.

RowPro Internet Setup
RowPro automatically connects to the Web Server and Race Server at Digital Rowing, so there is no need to do anything in the way of Internet Setup.
RowPro automatically connects to the servers whenever:
  • Web Server - webserver.digitalrowing.com
  • The Internet button is clicked in Session Setup.
  • The Internet button is clicked in Control Center.
e-Row Internet Setup
All e-Row users need to change their Internet Setup settings from the original Concept2 servers to the new servers. The new settings to load into e-Row are:
  • Web Server - webserver.digitalrowing.com
  • Race Server - raceserver.digitalrowing.com
Apart from re-pointing e-Row to the new servers, existing e-Row users should notice no difference between the old and new servers. The process of connecting to and using the servers is the same as it was before.
So, is anyone up for it? "All" you need is an internet enabled PC connected to your ergo.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

I will definitely try it out with you at some point, Thomas, but it may have to wait until after BIRC for me to fit it in. Would be great if we could run a live handicap race for sure.

I'll be using e-row initially, but will try out row-pro as well if you reckon it is worth it.
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Mark Evans
Stop posting and start rowing!

Post by Mark Evans »

I am up for it!!!!!.......... :D
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Great - with your times if we raced at 2,000m it could get painful! :D
Mark Evans

Post by Mark Evans »

Don't know about that Thomas.....I don't really do 2000m very often. And look at your PB for 2000m...faster than mine!!!...Might try and sort that this month.... :D ..but will be fun if we can sort it.....
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Just a gentle paddle with intervals or something would suit me - the Forum Flyers piece is 2km @ 2:00ish, then 500m on 500m off for the rest.

I would really like to set something up after BIRC - which timme of day is good for you? And which days are bad? I generally row in the 7pm-9pm window.
Mark Evans

Post by Mark Evans »

Gentle paddle sounds good to me....just be fun to row with someone online........I am off work for most of december and 7pm til 9pm sounds good too....good luck at BIRC by the way......I am still not too sure how to set up rowpro to row online yet but will look into it...
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

You need a profile on digitalrowing.com I think - and then you click the internet button in RowPro.

RowPro is not the most logical application to use, but try that for starters.