2016 Season Goals

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

mardix
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
I row on...: Model D with PM3

2016 Season Goals

Post by mardix »

So the season is drawing to a close and the 2016 season is fast approaching. I thought it would be good for me to make myself accountable with some goals.

I am devoting the new season to only one thing, losing weight, lots of it :shock:

No speed goals this year, no PB's, no Nonathlon. All of these speed related events have aggravated my back problems, which caused me to have to stop rowing (and all other activity) for extended periods, which has caused my weight to creep out of control :oops:

The problem is that I am competitive by nature, so whenever I get back to rowing after time away, I start to eye my PB's, compare my Nonathlon position, and see where I rank compared to the rest of the world. This all invariably leads to trouble.

So, slow and easy rowing (whatever 'slow and easy' means) until I get to weight. This also means a careful view to my diet.

As for distance, I think that if I can keep to slow rowing, then I should be able to hit 2.5 - 3 MM for the season.

So there it is:

Goal #1: 'Slow and easy' 50 - 60 km per week
Goal #2: 192 lbs
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Shang-Chi
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

Re: 2016 Season Goals

Post by Shang-Chi »

Definantly faster than now ! Otherwise no paticular goals ! Would like to be able to do @1:30-32 for the 1K again ! I have the necessary power, but need to grow some lungs to avoid lactic acid build up !?
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Having set new PBs last season in five of the ten nonathlon distances, my target this season is to try to set new PBs for as many as possible of the other five. I also have some 'round number' targets from last season that I failed to achieve, namely 22 minutes for 6k and 18 minutes for 5k, so these are on my bucket list for 2016 season. I have a new round number target to add - 1200m for 4 minutes.

Other objectives are to stay healthy, avoid periods of absence through injury, possibly get my weight down to 90 kg (not sure this is achievable/sustainable), take part in at least one live race (preferably 2 or 3) and beat my nonathlon total for last season, while scoring at least 950 points over each nonathlon distance.

That should keep me busy! :shock: :lol:

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
mardix
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by mardix »

Paul Victory wrote:That should keep me busy! :shock: :lol:

Paul V
Busy indeed. Great goals and an inspiration. I'll keep an eye out for your progress as I go after my own goals. If you can get even close to where you want to be, then I will have no excuses - assuming that I can stay injury-free for any length of time.

Good luck with it, Paul.
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.