C2 Upcoming Challenges

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

C2 Upcoming Challenges

Post by Mike Channin »

From C2 email
SKELETON CREW
October 25-31, 2006

Halloween is fast approaching and we’d like to invite you and your friends to earn your Halloween treats by participating in our 4th Annual Skeleton Crew Challenge. All you need to do is row 31,000 meters between Wednesday, October 25 and Halloween (Tuesday, October 31). The meters can be rowed over several workouts or all at once - that's up to you.
Click this link to download a specially designed flyer that you can print and share with friends to spread the word: http://www.concept2.com/skeletoncrew/poster06.pdf.
When you complete the challenge, you'll be able to download a specially-designed spooky certificate of completion. In addition, we will be trying out a new way of providing you with a wider choice of C2 Skeleton Crew prizes to order from http://www.zazzle.com. You will receive instructions after you row and enter your 31k meters.
To participate: simply log your meters in your Personal Online Logbook. Then visit the "Challenges" section of the Online Logbook to download your Halloween goodies after you have completed your 31,000 meters. If a friend needs to set up a Personal Online Logbook, tell them to visit http://www.concept2.com and click on the green “Ranking & Log” link in the upper right corner near the search box.

HOLIDAY CHALLENGE

The 2006 Holiday Challenge is right around the corner! It will be here before we know it. The challenge starts on US Thanksgiving (11/23) and ends on Christmas Eve (12/24) at midnight. Choose your goal: 100k or 200k; or 50k for kids. Details will follow on the website and in a later e-mail.
I think our Spirits will find these quite easy. Does it sound like it'd be worth creating ELM challenges for these? Should they go in the fun league?

(Anyone who hasn't tried ELM yet, sign up and go have a look - something for everyone there)
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Stan »

Number of ways you could do this Mike.
1)Total time to 31000m over the 6 days
2)Number of metres in excess of 31000
3)Number of sessions it takes to do it (one in the case of Paul and myself since it coincides with our marathon)
4)All of the above.
I am sure certain individuals in this club with diseased imaginations can come up with something even more imaginative *stares meaningfully at Paul*
pb times
PSims
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by PSims »

I already have ideas for hallowe'en and fireworks night.

Wonder how you are going to manage a 1/2 marathon with a pumpkin on your head?
Paul
OK...Focus...Speed...I am...Speed