Almost Seven Figures!

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

ReducingFB
Stop posting and start rowing!

Almost Seven Figures!

Post by ReducingFB »

I know it's not a lot to most of you guys, but Monday or Tuesday this week, I will pass the million metre mark. When you consider this time last year I would struggle to do a couple of thousand, and all the other problems of being obese like poor sleeping patterns, snoring, high blood pressure etc. etc. then this will be a major triumph for me.

But still some weight to go, so I am converting to some long UT1 to try to start the downward weight spiral again. But some time this week raise your glasses to this former tub of lard - as long as its only fruit juice !!

RFB :D :D
alistairkbs
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by alistairkbs »

Congratulations in advance. Still a couple of months behind you on the million but mercifully have started losing weight again. I'm sure you will be on the move again soon.

Best

Alistair
Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

Me too. Was 15 stone when rowing competitively aged 20.

Was 18 stone in 2001 when last rowing alot (self motivation).

When I joined Free Spirits (member 34 I think) I was 20 stone 8lbs

Now 19 stone 8lbs and falling and have only been in FS for three and a half weeks

I am approaching my second million and will be shortly behind you as I am trying for the 250km this month.

So well done on your major weight loss - the Concept II really works doesn't it!
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
PSims
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Excellent

Post by PSims »

Well done, well done to both of you.

I know I keep saying it, but the motivation to do this is infectious!

I crossed the 2.5 Million mark on Friday.
It took since 2001 to get my first million.
This week, I will achieve a million for Free Spirits this season.

I am now the lightest I have been since I left school - 13 stone exactly.
At New Year 2006, I was 14 st 5 lb - and no dieting - just rowing.

And met some really great people in the process.

As they say on Fat Club....Keep It Going...!
Paul
OK...Focus...Speed...I am...Speed

Gregor Andrews
True Free Spirit

Post by Gregor Andrews »

Congrats on reaching the 1million metres when it happens.

Funnily enough, I actually just completed my first million metres on Thursday!
6'6" 1971
Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016

Post by Stan »

Well done RFB
I am now rapidly approaching 3 million metres (since Feb 05)- should hit it before the end of the month. More importantly I am nearly 4 stone lighter than I was when I started nearly 2 years ago (Sept 04 - didnt discover the concept 2 site until Feb 05). Yes the concept2 does work.
pb times
JanetS
True Free Spirit

Post by JanetS »

Great thread! well done all & an inspiration to one & all & me. I'd post my weight - but luckily son number one destroyed the scales 2 years ago & since the arrival of son number 2 I've had no desire to replace them.... :wink:

I'm going on the jeans assessment of weight loss - since starting seriously ergoing again about 2 months ago I'm already feeling loose in the biggest pair.....

Am only counting meters & PBs since birth of second. Still a long way to go until respectibility in either - buit threads like this keep me going.....
48yo, weight... let's just say heavyweight & leave it at that.
PB:
Targets: start erging again & lose weight
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

Post by Gooner Neil »

Well done RFB and to the others!

I'm coming up for 5 million since I started this quest. I know its sad but at 3 and 4 I contacted Concept2 re their incentive program, requesting my socks and drinking glass (from memory). Every morning I bound out of bed and wait by the front door for the arrival of the postman. And everyday I am disappointed that I have received nada. Is it just me or are you FS'ers suffering from lack of contact from C2?
Gregor Andrews
True Free Spirit

Post by Gregor Andrews »

Gooner Neil wrote:Well done RFB and to the others!

I'm coming up for 5 million since I started this quest. I know its sad but at 3 and 4 I contacted Concept2 re their incentive program, requesting my socks and drinking glass (from memory). Every morning I bound out of bed and wait by the front door for the arrival of the postman. And everyday I am disappointed that I have received nada. Is it just me or are you FS'ers suffering from lack of contact from C2?
Socks? glasses?

What do I get for doing 1,000,000m if anything?
6'6" 1971
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Gregor Andrews wrote:What do I get for doing 1,000,000m if anything?
I have a lovely certificate, T-shirt and pin for my first million.

You can read about it on the Concept II pages. Though someone was saying that they received nothing. I think my T-shirt was free, but now they have hundreds of thousands of members the T-shirt is £12. Worth it! I wear mine to cricket so when they call me a fat b*stard as I waddle round the pitch I can say "fat, fit b*stard"...
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Gregor Andrews
True Free Spirit

Post by Gregor Andrews »

Thomas W-P wrote: I have a lovely certificate, T-shirt and pin for my first million.

You can read about it on the Concept II pages. Though someone was saying that they received nothing. I think my T-shirt was free, but now they have hundreds of thousands of members the T-shirt is £12. Worth it! I wear mine to cricket so when they call me a fat b*stard as I waddle round the pitch I can say "fat, fit b*stard"...
Cheers for that - I just emailed them so they'll hopefully send me a pin/badge or something.

I might buy the t-shirt too - hopefully they have them in XXL.
6'6" 1971
mash

Million Metres

Post by mash »

What can I say but a very big well done. It really is some achievement and like yourself I never thought I'd get there.

Keep on going. we're all behind you.

Mash
38yrs 110kgs 5'8"
PBs:

Season PBs:
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

1 million metres

Post by plummy »

Hi All,
Just for info, I was told to e-mail my local Concept2 agent (in Nottingham UK - contact Jake Evans) when I hit 1 million metres. I received a certificate and a medal thingy for my sweat and toil. This was only a couple of weeks ago - only took a couple of days to arrive!

Off to do a 10k now as I've pigged out this weekend and need to shed a pound or two - and the world cup final starts in 2 hours

Regards

Dave Plumb
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
ReducingFB

Post by ReducingFB »

Thomas W-P wrote:

NO NO!!! It's "fit, fat b*stard" :D :D
Stan

Post by Stan »

Gregor Andrews wrote:
What do I get for doing 1,000,000m if anything?
A warm fuzzy feeling for a task well done :lol:
pb times
webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

Many congrats on the first million! :D

Like Gooner I waited by the letterbox for my cert and medal. These now pinned up in my garage as a target for the next recognition milestone which is I think 3m.

Very jealous of the weight loss. I'm now doing more mtrs per week than ever (still a low total compared to some of you guys) and haven't lost an ounce! :evil:
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
ReducingFB

Million Metre Man!

Post by ReducingFB »

Well guys, I made it as planned just after 9 pm. Did you hear the shout Gregor :D :D Can I make the 5 million before my 60th (May 2009). Sorry counting backwards - mean my 50th !! :?

Thanks for all the support - am sticking with distance at the moment rather than times to get some more weight off. Still cholesterol is well within limits - now they want to do an ECG. Still, in the 9 months of serious erging my resting heart rate and recovery time have both dropped significantly with the weight loss - so hope that will prove equally positive. But she tried to raise my dosage of blood pressure pills today - simply because I had to rush into the surgery and straight in without waiting. I refused and told her I would rely on more weight loss - so I need you guys to keep cracking the whip over me to get me moving downwards to 17 stone (108 Kg for you younger metric ones!)

Which of my fellow former 22 stoners are in the race - a lot of us seem to be in the 17-18 range at the moment

Then I can sign myself as 'The Erger formally known as RFB' :D
webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

First of many

Post by webberg »

Well done on the first million. :D

Envious of the weight loss and the motivation needed to keep it going.

More power to your erg.
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Gregor Andrews
True Free Spirit

Post by Gregor Andrews »

Thomas W-P wrote:

Thanks for telling me about this - my medal and certificate arrived yesterday. All it needed was an email to C2 which was nice.

Now it's sitting proudly beside my Telegraph Fantasy Football medal. :D
6'6" 1971
ReducingFB

How long?

Post by ReducingFB »

Gregor Andrews wrote:
Thomas W-P wrote:

Thanks for telling me about this - my medal and certificate arrived yesterday. All it needed was an email to C2 which was nice.

Now it's sitting proudly beside my Telegraph Fantasy Football medal. :D
Getting impatient. :evil: How long ago did you e-mail Gregor, and does it need to be sent to a particular name rather than to 'General' on the contact page.

RFB
65; 6'-4" 20 stone (aug 2014) - looking forward to a healthy retirement, when I recover the Equitable losses
Derrylad
Free Spirit

Reducing FB

Post by Derrylad »

Sorry it has taken so long in replying but I have only just spotted this thread. FB: All I can say is AWESOME. That first 1 mill is a real achievement. I know how I felt when I did my first one last year. Make sure you get the T shirt and wear it with pride. I got mine from the American C2 site as there sizes were larger - the XXL nearly swamped me and I was weighing in at about 300lbs + ( 22+ stones for non americans ). A year later I am now down to about 18stone 10lb. Very happy with the weight. Not lean ( but don't have the looks for a model so who cares ).

Again, I will have a couple of pints of Sprite Zero ( nice stuff, zero calories ). All the best and keep it up.

Rob ( derrylad )
41, 6ft 7/8inches, 253lbs ( about 115kg )
www.sprucemeadows.co.uk

ReducingFB

Re: Reducing FB

Post by ReducingFB »

Derrylad wrote:Sorry it has taken so long in replying but I have only just spotted this thread. FB: All I can say is AWESOME. That first 1 mill is a real achievement. I know how I felt when I did my first one last year. Make sure you get the T shirt and wear it with pride. I got mine from the American C2 site as there sizes were larger - the XXL nearly swamped me and I was weighing in at about 300lbs + ( 22+ stones for non americans ). A year later I am now down to about 18stone 10lb. Very happy with the weight. Not lean ( but don't have the looks for a model so who cares ).

Again, I will have a couple of pints of Sprite Zero ( nice stuff, zero calories ). All the best and keep it up.

Rob ( derrylad )
Who cares about the weight, D, your times look very impressive. That 6'-8" build must help. I know that even a tiny 6'-4" like myself has some distinct advantages. I think Free Spirits could probably put a hell of an 8 together on height, but I fear it might sink on weight !!

Thanks for you kind words - I am looking forward to the T-shirt

RFB
65; 6'-4" 20 stone (aug 2014) - looking forward to a healthy retirement, when I recover the Equitable losses