Junior Spirits...

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Junior Spirits...

Post by Thomas W-P »

Split from the "Welcome to new members thread"

I am just so proud of my girls' efforts. Every metre is a metre nearer the moon. Abigail beat her row from Monday night today and was dead chuffed. I am so proud of her 97m today and will be as pleased with her doing 100m in one minute as my sub 7 2000m. And Elizabeth has now gone over 1000m. On the tail of Chloe soon. :D

I just wonder how long they will keep interested. :? They are only 4 and 6 after all.
Last edited by Thomas W-P on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
jainser
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by jainser »

My girls are of similar ages and keeping them interested in anything is always an up hill battle.
I have got the better half in the saddle as well and she is enjoying it. Kids are hassling for a go, so will get them on the rower at the weekend (asumming they haven't lost interest before then!!!!)
They've shown more interest since Reet has been on it than all the time I have been rowing. Might be to do with the fact that when I'm on it, I'm a big sweaty out of breath lump who struggles to string more than 2 words together :D Where as Reet chats away :!: :D
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking
webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

Jainser, there's a joke there somewhere but I'm not sure this forum carries an 18 certificate.

My daughter (9) shows some interest and then loses it again.

My wife though is getting hooked. She did nothing yesterday and then realised that she has a Governers meeting tonight and can't do that either. Hopping mad! Think she's on her way.
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
PSims
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Too much too young?

Post by PSims »

I tried putting Joseph on the rower back in July when we were on holiday. He wasn't having any of it - but then he was 2 then!

Perhaps I'll try again now he's 3? :twisted:
Paul
OK...Focus...Speed...I am...Speed

Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Abigail (4) just smashed the 100m in 1 minute barrier - 103m - I can send you the rowfile :D

I used two small apple juice cartons to go at the heel of the footplates to raise her legs up to the vertical and it increased her power by 50%.

So she is feeling pleased with herself. I said if she beats 103m she can drink one of the cartons (big treat).
Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Stan »

Thomas - a very respectable 1500 from your 6 year old daughter today - you must be so proud.
pb times
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

:lol: She has worked out that she gets to watch TV whilst rowing. :D That was 3 Tom and Jerry's worth!

She did a "speed test" for the Newark 1 minute and pulled 123m - I have thought that 125 would be good so that is exciting.

I have made the little darlings Free Spirits T-shirts for the great events. Good old print and iron transfers!