Kit *** First collation now closed ***

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Kit *** First collation now closed ***

Post by Thomas W-P »

The first collation period has now closed. Please post at the bottom of this thread if you are interested in a new collation - we'll see who is interested. After today (1st October 2006) any individual orders will be at full prices.

After a long process of backwards and forwards and discussions with several free spirits members along the way, I am pleased to announce that Free Spirits kit for those who want it is available.

Before you look at what's available, a couple of requests:
1) I know we are a positive bunch, so please keep this up. I know the final design will not be to everyone's taste, and to be honest it is not what I envisaged either! (the stripes over the arms proved difficult and the blue we wanted does not exist).
2) Don't make any orders yet - I am waiting for the final go ahead.
3) Recognise that the logo needs to be embroidered - hence the straight lines. We are still not sure how it will turn out.
4) I know the kit looks expensive, but it is (i) quality - Godfrey regularly make GB kit (ii) much cheaper if you buy with a friend. I am hoping we can get a big order together and distribute it at BIRC for example. I am happy to add non-UK orders to that order and post them out.

Anyway, here is a link to the Free Spirits kit page at Godfrey (no all-in-ones!).

Godfrey will collate orders and then charge you at the end of the process. This way it is least effort for us. The only drawback seems to be that if you are the only one ordering something expensive, you might get stung for the top price but Godfrey say they'll treat the long/short high performance shirts as the same thing, and they have never had a collated order where only one thing was ordered of one tye.

Please MAKE YOUR ORDERS through the club page on the godfrey web site by 30th September. You will be charged after the 1st October.

Performance T-shirts will soon be added to the list with the logo on. This will be £3.50 more.
FYI, here is the logo design:
Last edited by Thomas W-P on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Stan »

Looks great Thomas.
I think we all owe you a vote of thanks for the time you have put into this.
pb times
JanetS
True Free Spirit

Post by JanetS »

Thomas - you are a star! :D

Kit looks great
48yo, weight... let's just say heavyweight & leave it at that.
PB:
Targets: start erging again & lose weight
mash
Stop posting and start rowing!

Post by mash »

Thomas

Fantastic work, well done.

Are we going to be looking to wear these for BIRC?

Mash
38yrs 110kgs 5'8"
PBs:

Season PBs:
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Well, I am definitely going to buy a performance T-shirt and a normal T-shirt plus I need about four new pairs of rowing shorts (tired of going to the garage in crusty ones :shock: ) - I aim to race in the "performance" T-shirt with "Thomas W-P" embroidered under the logo...

I think that assembling an order for the best discount is a good idea - but we'd need to do it quick using PayPal.
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

Hi Thomas,
Should we pm you with our orders?? We need to get moving reasonably quickly as it's 3-4 weeks for delivery

Regards
Plummy
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

I am not sure of the best way. We'll need an idea of what people want before setting the prices :?

How about people start PM'ing me what they are definitely going to order and whether they will collect it at BIRC or where they want it sent to.

Then I can start getting an idea of what we'll need - and keep an anoymous tally here of what the costs will be.

Once I know all this I can work out what it costs everyone.

God - anyone else want to take this on? Sounds complicated and I need to start preparing lessons some time this term :D
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Please look at the first post which I have now edited to show the details about ordering kit.

I am optimistic that Godfrey can do all the hard work - we just set a date and they collate all the orders - then charge us the minimum prices.

Thomas
Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

Silly question, but does the performance T actually have a logo on it? It doesn't in the picture.

Like the normal t-shirts with Free Spirits on the back. Should we have the website address on them as well though??

Lastly, I think the C2 Deluxe Seat Pad is probably more comfy than the Ergo Grip one.

(please don't get cross with me, Thomas....)
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Mike Channin wrote:Lastly, I think the C2 Deluxe Seat Pad is probably more comfy than the Ergo Grip one.

(please don't get cross with me, Thomas....)
I am sure it is all a matter of preference - maybe it is more comfortable for your buttock diameter?
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Mike Channin wrote:Silly question, but does the performance T actually have a logo on it? It doesn't in the picture.
I think it does not - I suspect that the logo would interfere with the high performance nature of it. At least that is what I asumed.

I will talk to Godfrey and report back here. There is still time. I guess it just bumps the cost up.
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

Godfrey are adding "logo'd" performance T-shirts to the site. They will be £3.50 more.

If you have ordered one without a logo and would not like it with, please PM me and I will sort it out with Godfrey.

I am making an executive decision (to keep thins simple) to remove the non-logo'd shirts from the godfrey site if noone has ordered one yet.

Thomas
deerworrier

Post by deerworrier »

sorry to be a pain in the rear, but is their any chance they do the performance tops in 3xl? if not i will buy a xxl and breath in :oops:
Thomas W-P

Post by Thomas W-P »

I have emailed about this. They are prompt at replying and we should know tomorrow. I think I would prefer an XXXL too.

I am locking this thread now - all comments please put in the "Buying kit..." thread.

Thomas