Training Workshops at C2 Nottingham

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

andy walls
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Training Workshops at C2 Nottingham

Post by andy walls »

Some of you may recall a post I put on here some time ago about a work colleague of mine rowing the Indian Ocean. That same friend of mine has asked me to post the following message, he also plans to post it on the C2 site:

"Hi all. My name is Ben and I am one of the C2 Master Instructors. I have been discussing with the team at C2 about running some workshops to tackle some of the complexities of planning your training year and covering training in general. The sessions will cover the following topics, and will be totally interactive. You will come away with clearer idea of how you are going to plan to achieve that 2K you always wanted:
*Macrocycles and periodisation
*Building weight training into your plan
*Nutrition for your training
*Technique recap
*Monitoring your progress
*Planning your race
As well as these we can discuss and deal with any other training queries you might have. Remember, training is pointless without it being planned, and effective. TRain with science and not guess work!
The first session will be held at the C2 HQ in Nottingham and then we will look to hold some others in other areas if they are popular. There will be a charge of £30 for the day (0930-1700) and numbers are limited. Please let me know if you are interested. Look forward to heraing from you. Ben

There is also a second session he is planning to run, again he has asked me to post the following:

Hi All.
I am looking at delivering a Concept Indoor Rowing Instructors course. Venue to be arranged (midlands area). I already have a couple of interested rowers. Cost for the day will be £70. For content of the course refer to the C2 website, education programmes. An accredited award that will more than definately help you with your own technique and training. I will structure the session to the level of the whole group, so you get as much from it as you want. Anyone with any questions or who is interested, get in touch....Happy training.. Ben

If you are interested PM me and I will forward you his home e-mail address, cheers
41 yrs, HWT, If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill