Meter board banter

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Meter board banter

Post by Jill »

plummy wrote:CamiCrew wrote:
:mrgreen:

Ground...gauntlet....slap. You've poked a bear now....you should be:
Mr.G.Bear, was it wise of you to challenge a lady from across the ' Pond ' :?: Our American gals are young and sassy and you might find that you've bitten off more that you can chew. :lol: :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Jill :) ( A fully paid up member of The Agony and The Ecstasy Fan Club ) :D :wink:
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by CamiCrew »

Oh David -- not afraid to poke sleeping bears. Out of curiosity, is this the same bear that reared up in December (19th but who's checking) to compliment me while also telling me he'd pass me, very soon? :lol: I like that bear very much! He is a fun bear. OK Mr. Bear, get your bear behind out of bed and no more 2 month snooze button... :wink:

Peggy - half-wheel, love it. Not quite sure what that is but sounds like we're on a bicycle ride. All good. I might get tired and draft you for a bit, or stop at the roadside market... don't mind me :lol:

Way to make an entrance, Ms. Jane! Keep it going Iain, Top 100 is in your sights. :fsbgrin:
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Jill

Post by Jill »

CamiCrew wrote: I like that bear very much! He is a fun bear. OK Mr. Bear, get your bear behind out of bed and no more 2 month snooze button...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
CamiCrew wrote:Way to make an entrance, Ms. Jane!
Jane, it goes without saying, that all our British gals are young and feisty. =D> :)

Jill :)
K_Cat
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by K_Cat »

Sure hope all us bears pass 2 Million meters by the end of the month, even if we're barely awake when we do it! :fsgrin:

Peggy
Iain
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Iain »

Well that was hard work, but finally caught up with you Jane :fswink: (until you post your next batch of workouts!). First time I have tried playing catch up, depressing to only be on a mile a day with 2 months left! But first serious row over 10k today, hard to remember that 5k was hard 2 months ago!

- Iain
55 year old Lwt (in ability and in weight) trying to develop a technique that doesn't cause hysterics and continue to row regularly.
Daffy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018

Post by Daffy »

Iain wrote: finally caught up with you Jane :fswink: (until you post your next batch of workouts!)
- Iain
Don't worry Iain - I'll be posting any workouts as they happen - and given this year's form there'll be weeks when I row - and weeks when I don't row (like this last one). Just the way life is at the moment. I'm counting anything I do as a bonus. Feel free to sail/row off into the distance!
JonT

Post by JonT »

Doh!!

I was up to the Top 100 (small achievement for many, season goal for me) and we've had three rowers join in the last week (two in the last 24 hours) who have posted 700k, 900k and 1.4m metres. One step forward....... :evil:
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Iain

Post by Iain »

t'was always thus. Just means we have more rowing to do :twisted: another on 9th, that's the price of being further down the list, the members around you do less metres and many less row in a given period, but new entrants are more likely to join ahead.

- Iain
55 year old Lwt (in ability and in weight) trying to develop a technique that doesn't cause hysterics and continue to row regularly.
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

:wink: :lol:
"Exit, pursued by a bear."
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Jill

Post by Jill »

CamiCrew wrote:"Exit, pursued by a bear."
" When the other guys in the team said the new coach was huge, hairy and Irascible but asleep on the job half the time,I didn't believe them... " #-o
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

Getting close Mrs Hoyt :twisted: :wink:
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

!!! Why of all the dastardly... ! {stamps her feets, curses, shakes her fists toward the sky}

auggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

:-$ (but seriously. Excellent work, Mr P. I'm pleased you're back to form. Even if that means you're off & running -- er, loping, as bears are wont to do -- past me.)

:fsgrin:
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
plummy

Post by plummy »

For Mrs Hoyt
ScreenHunter_13 Mar. 15 18.09.jpg
ScreenHunter_13 Mar. 15 18.09.jpg (12.04 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
:D :D
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Recess
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015

Post by Recess »

WooHoo! Finally squeaked into the top 50. I think that's me hit the goal for this season. Next season, I'm aiming for top 30... which, this year, looks like a good tussle!

John
It's not how far you go... It's how go you far.

Follow my training blog as I try to break a world record: http://johntherower.com
Rob C
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016

Post by Rob C »

Don't bank on staying there. There's a small armada of rowers hovering in the 60s who could catch you if we all stay paddling at the same rate for the next month.
Recess

Post by Recess »

Rob C wrote:Don't bank on staying there. There's a small armada of rowers hovering in the 60s who could catch you if we all stay paddling at the same rate for the next month.
Well, my goal was to get into the Top 50 - I don't think I went as far as typing 'And stay there'...

Tapering off for this weekend's race will take a hit on meters, but I'll still try my best to fend off the armada!

John
It's not how far you go... It's how go you far.

Follow my training blog as I try to break a world record: http://johntherower.com
JonT

Post by JonT »

Recess wrote:
Well, my goal was to get into the Top 50 - I don't think I went as far as typing 'And stay there'...

Tapering off for this weekend's race will take a hit on meters, but I'll still try my best to fend off the armada!
John - surely you have to stay there. Otherwise next season just get up early and claim 1st place :D
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

JonT wrote:
Recess wrote:

John - surely you have to stay there. Otherwise next season just get up early and claim 1st place :D
The only way to claim 1st place would be to get up very very early and post the first time for the year. With the meters that many FS clock up over a year you'll get swiftly swept downstream.
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Rob C wrote:The only way to claim 1st place would be to get up very very early and post the first time for the year.
Even then, you'd have to make sure you log more meters than our team mates in Australia and New Zealand. Mind you, I'm not sure when C2 change over the meterboard at the start of a new season, so maybe it's just a question of posting your workout a few seconds after the change over takes place. Better make it an FM though, just to be on the safe side. :lol:
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
JonT

Post by JonT »

Well, after a late start to the season (November) I have managed to claw my way into the Top 100. The good news is according to John (recess) I can stop now with a warm sense of achievement and definitely don't have to cling on to my position for the next few weeks.

Happy days - I'll go and put my feet up. :fsbgrin:
Iain

Post by Iain »

Jon, enjoy it because I am closing on you and John Biederman is closing on both of us, although I think you now have enough places in hand that it shouldn't be too hard to hang on!

- Iain
InlineJinn

Post by InlineJinn »

Jon T, I fully agree that you've earned a rest--three or four days ought to do it. Here, have this shiny red apple...

Can you draft in erging? If so I'm letting Iain pull while I tuck in behind him this week. I'll take my turn next week (hee hee hee).

John B.
63, 5'8" lwt, C2 D PM5, started 1/2015, certified mileage nut but then I found hot yoga but then I hurt my shoulders but then I had surgery and now I can still row and do hot yoga yay!
Iain

Post by Iain »

John, I'm fully expecting to get overtaken by you, but I have every intention of catching a few more yet myself before the season is out :twisted:

- Iain
JonT

Post by JonT »

Iain - nice try but not today my friend. A sneaky 8k to keep ahead for now. Although I'm stuck in hotels for the rest of the week so I'm looking exposed.

John B - You're looking a bit weary to me. Take a break.
InlineJinn

Post by InlineJinn »

Nice week Ian--I thought I had you for sure! I'll be with you and Jon soon. Then we can work our way through the peloton together. There are a lot of people dozing in the 80's.

A break, Jon? Did you see my post in the Mud Season Madness thread? The Free Spirit team's honor is at stake!

John B.
63, 5'8" lwt, C2 D PM5, started 1/2015, certified mileage nut but then I found hot yoga but then I hurt my shoulders but then I had surgery and now I can still row and do hot yoga yay!