Free Spirits chat room - on-line now (beta)

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Free Spirits chat room - on-line now (beta)

Post by Thomas W-P »

We had a chat room on the old server that was seldom used because noone knew when people were in it.

I am delighted to announce that we now have a trial new chat room that works in exactly the same way :? Just like before you can choose your name on entry and sit around waiting for anyone else to appear. They probably won't. :lol:

http://www.freespiritsrowing.com/chat is the url for this extravaganza.

Seriously, I think that it is possible for me to display in the header how many people are in the chat room. It is also possible to PM someone you can see is on line for an instant chat experience. We could also have a set time to get together and abuse each other/discuss training/etc.

Ideas/suggestions can follow in this thread. If the chat room is used then I can buy the software (it is cheap) and integrate it with the forum.
Last edited by Thomas W-P on Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

Well, it sure looks impressive, but there's no one else around. Can't see it getting may visits unless we can see if there's someone else there. I vote that putting in the header, with numbers in there is a good start. Of course, unless there's someone else in there, we're unlikely to go in anyway, but it is definitely a start...

Well done (again) Thomas!
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)