Millionaires club-Season

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Millionaires club-Season

Post by Jill »

Jill wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:49 pm Will our two Awesome Americans be able to continue their athletic game of leapfrog and which one of them will reach 2,000,000m first?
With mighty muscles and sinews … Colin Brinkman … continues … to race apace ... in order to be our first and fastest ( 30 days ) Free Spirit to reach Two Million Metres For The Season.

Colin - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Plaudits a plenty are the order of the day Colin as you and Dwayne continue your game of Leadership Leapfrog. Very entertaining and inspiring. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍💪 :)

You have been awarded The Second Million Metre Sash. :)

Another Very Special Thank You to everyone for your continued support and hard work. =D> 8) 👍 I hope that your excellent example will help and encourage those who are struggling to motivate themselves at the moment. A small amount of exercise is better than no exercise at all. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Earlier … Looked at the Meterboard … and what did I find … That ‘ Dwayne the Doughty ' … is not far behind … Colin :fsbgrin: :fswink: ... as he also ‘ horsepowers ‘ his way to Two Million Metres For The Season.

Dwayne - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Sterling work Dwayne. =D> 8) 💪👍 Can young Mr Colin afford to rest on his laurels? :fsbgrin: :fswink:

A special mention again for Lesley Duffy - I know chaps, blatant favouritism for one of our wonderful ladies, as once again, she ‘ duffs up ‘ Darth Vader and impressively improves on several of her PBs. =D> 🍾💐 Here’s to Girl Power, Lesley. =D> 8) :fsbgrin: :fswink:
duffyoz
Rower and forum addict...

Post by duffyoz »

Jill you are far too generous. I note quite a few gentlemen have improved scores so far this season. With more to come I'm sure. Still quite a ways from the million this season.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Coming up on the rails … to take the number five slot … deserves loads of applause … for Richard King … shott … as he gets his nose in front ( of Graham Storer :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) and bags his First Million Metres For The Season.

Richard - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Great going Richard - you have really pushed the boat out this season. =D> 8) 💪 You are probably too young to remember the advertising slogan from the 1950s and 60s: ‘ Go To Work On An Egg ‘. Your photo of a boiled egg and soldiers, must be the modern equivalent … Go To Erg On An Egg. :) 👍

Some think this number’s unlucky … but in this case … I must disagree … because … seventy four x 13k metres … is where Graham Storer … is happy to be … as he also ( with only a whisker behind Richard :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) reaches One Million Metres For The Season.

Graham - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Splendid stuff Graham, especially as you have rowed so strongly and consistently for every day of this Season. =D> 8) 💪 👍

A Special Mention for Teemu Suortti and Joe Lohman because their BikeErg/SkiErg metres or both have helped them to pass the One Million Metres Total For The Season. =D> =D> 8) 💪👍

Who are my favourite Free Spirits? You all are and I salute you. Thank you once more for all your marvellous efforts and the hard work that goes into keeping the metres flowing into The Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8) 💪 👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Next up we have Colin Kelly … and you can tell he … has been majorly motivated … in order to attain his First Million Metres For The Season.

Colin - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

A well deserved congratulations and I hope that you will continue to benefit from being a member of ‘ The Chain Gang ‘. =D> 8) 👍💪 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Anders Nordquist … a sporty young Swede … has indeed … proved his athleticism … by reaching his First Million Metres For The Season.

Anders - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Sterling work - onwards and upwards to your next million. =D> 8) 💪👍

Kevin Horne … our newest recruit … has been able to shoot … straight into third position on the Meterboard, with One Million, Five Hundred and Sixty Thousand, Six Hundred and Fifty Metres For The Season.

Kevin - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Welcome to Free Spirits Kevin and thank you for your many metres - a much needed and appreciated addition to The Team Affiliation Standings. =D> 8) 👍

I do hope that you will enjoy being a member of this club. :)

A Special Mention for Stephen Davies, because with the addition of his BikeErg/SkiErg metres or both, he has now passed One Million Metres For The Season. =D> ^O^ 💪👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

By following the ( Toughies’ ) Pete Plan … Iain Greenwood has proved … that you can … soon reach your First Million Metres For The Season.

Iain - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

I see that you are still keeping up last Season’s pace. Excellent. =D> 8) 💪👍

Staying focussed and strong … Teil Scott… has hurried along … in order to reach his First Million Metres For The Season.

Teil - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Much kudos for attaining your goal in a far faster time than last Season’s 11.11.2019. =D> 8) 💪👍

Sporting his ... Go Faster Bandana ... Joe Smith ... from Indiana ... has arrived at his First Million Metres For The Season.

Joe - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Congratulations, that's a special, speedy achievement. =D> 8) 💪👍

A Special Mention for Lesley Duffy, Juergen Grieb and Ricardo Underwood, because with the addition of their BikeErg/SkiErg metres or both, they have now passed One Million Metres For The Season. =D> ^O^ 8) 💪👍

Thank you all Free Spirits for your admirable efforts in contributing to The Team Affiliation Standings. =D> =D> =D> 8) 👍

I hope that those of you waiting to return to a gym have been able to do so and that despite the restrictions, you are enjoying the joys of exercising again. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Karl Meyer has ‘ gone the whole hog ‘ … to gain … this month's icon … The Dancing Black Dog … as he adds ( a mere :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) 230,664 metres to his total, in order to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Karl - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

A huge round of applause for moving up four places on the Meterboard with such style and for such a welcome bounty of metres for The Team Affiliation Standings. =D> 8) 💪👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

With super sinews and muscle … they continue … their tussle … as Colin and Dwayne both reach Three Million Metres For The Season, with Colin being the first over the line on the 9th, quickly followed by Dwayne on the 10th.

Colin - 3,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪

Dwayne - 3,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪

In recognition of your continued awesomeness and power, you have both been awarded the Three Million Metre Tornado. =D> 8) 💪👍

Despite the 'orrible 'eat … ‘ Kool Kevin ‘ … has accomplished … the feat … of reaching Two Million Metres For The Season.

Kevin - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

66,410 metres over the last two days. Phew! Hot. Hot. Hot Honours to you. =D> 8) 💪👍

A Special Mention for Lowell Lemoine and Greg Smith, because with the addition of their BikeErg/SkiErg metres or both, they have now passed One Million Metres For The Season. =D> ^O^ 8) 💪👍

Thank you again to all Free Spirits who have been able to find the energy and resolution, to Erg/BikeErg/SkiErg their way through the heat, in order to add their Meltdown Metres to The Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍 :)

As you have perhaps realised from some of my comments, I am not a lover of hot weather. In a past life, I was probably something that lived under a rock or in a cave. 🐌 🦇

This year, it’s not just the discomfort that the heat brings, it’s also unwanted visitors … Sid Slither, the grass snake 🐍 and Flaming Frankie the fox.🦊

Sid has been helping himself to the 🐸 in our pond - there is definitely something evil and evil looking about snakes and in literature, I cannot think of any who feature as the good guys. The first time that I saw Sid, he was snaking across the pond towards me. Eeew! I have seen him quite a few times now, usually the end of his tail slithering into the undergrowth. I think I know where Sid has his hideout. Roll on October, when he’ll hibernate. :D

As for Flaming Frankie … Last night I was nicely dozing off, when ... screech/scream coming from under our bedroom window. 😱 My only consolation being that if I was fated to have a heart attack, it should have been then ... but I'm still here. :lol: Richard didn’t hear a thing. Dead to the world. :roll: :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Plummy, apologies for going off the beaten track.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Lesley, credit … where credit is due … and in this case … it all goes to you … for being our first young lady to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Lesley - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️ 💐

That’s impressive progress and together with your latest power PBs, another example of all the hard work and commitment that must go into your training. I’m sure there will be more achievements to come. =D> 8) 👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Here we have one Lord … who is worthy of our praise :fsbgrin: :fswink: … and to celebrate his fine award … our glasses we will raise … to Christopher Lloyd ( aka Lordofgreasby ) for achieving his First Million Metres For The Season.

Christopher - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Flying the flag … with the distinctive … red acer … this particular … ‘ Boy Racer ‘ :fsbgrin: :fswink: … has also been flying along to reach his Second Million Metres For The Season.

Patrick - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️ 🎽

They say … all good things come in threes … and so … next up … from the Antipodes … we have Michael Smyth who has rowed with Aussie determination and consistency, in order to attain One Million Metres For The Season.

Michael - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Top marks gentlemen for your excellent seamanship out there on the Virtual Ocean and for your much needed and appreciated bounty for The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> =D> 👍 8)

A Special Mention for Claudius B. because with the addition of his BikeErg/SkiErg metres or both, he has now passed One Million Metres For The Season. =D> ^O^ 8)

A Special Mention also for Ron Pollard aka Draggon who took part recently in an awesome fund raising event.

Unless you have already read it, then please check out his Something a Little Different Thread in the Sanctuary.

A word of warning; if you are scared of heights, then might I suggest that you wear a seatbelt. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

From Dublin’s fair city … Rob Brittin’s … so fit he … has rowed with admirable consistency, in order to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Rob - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Keep keeping up the commitment and thank you for your most welcome contributions to The Team Standings Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> 8) 👍💪

Edit: It's a good job that I looked on this thread again in order to check something out because in doing so, I gave Rob a :roll: instead of a 8) . Apologies Rob, as I should have noticed my error yesterday, before clicking on the submit button. #-o Another example of mashed potato brain taking me over. It's terminal.🤪 :roll: :lol:
Jill

Post by Jill »

A Meterboard perusal … tells me ... it’s all systems go … as usual … for Guy Blackburn … as he reaches his First Million Metres For The Season.

Guy - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

For Michael Murtha … an active young pup … the Dog Day Challenge … has taken him up … to One Million Metres For The Season.

Michael - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Gutsy going guys and thank you for your generous metre contributions to The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> 8) 👍💪

For landing exactly on 1,000,000 metres, Michael has earned himself a 🏍 . As it’s a virtual motorbike, he can take as many virtual road trips, when and wherever he likes. :fsbgrin:
Jill

Post by Jill »

After the Dog Day Challenge fun 😬 :fsbgrin: :fswink: … there are more celebrations … for one … Free Spirit, as Paul Kinlin achieves his First Million Metres For The Season.

Paul - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

A well deserved award, for all your rowing efforts and thank you for the many metres, that have now been safely stashed away inside the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> 8) 👍💪
Jill

Post by Jill »

This Free Spirit … need not prove … he’s been on the ‘ Mighty Move ‘ … because … for Allen H … hitting One Million Metres For The Season, is evidence enough.

Allen - 1, 000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Young Mr Petr … hasn’t taken his time … as we have watched him climb … the Meterboard … to complete his First Million Metres For The Season.

Petr - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Congratulations to both of you and I hope that you will be able to keep up the mantra: Have erg, will exercise. =D> 8) 💪👍 :)

Petr, because you landed exactly on 1,000,000 metres and because you come from Pilsner, you have been awarded your own virtual brewery.🍺

A ‘ triffic ‘ thank you to everyone for your continued support =D> =D> =D> 8) 👍 and to those of you who are still shut out of your local gym, :( a heartfelt hope that it will not be for much longer. :)

It's never easy and at times, impossible, to think of the right words to say but best wishes to those of you, who for various reasons, ( including lockdown lethargy ) are not feeling mentally or physically able at the moment.
Oliva
Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Oliva »

Thanks. I´m very happy to be back in daily rowing. After years. I started in the same time with Thomas W-P. I´m back, Thomas, come on, get on the erg...
Petr Oliva
M 47, 183 cm, Started rowing 1/1/2006. 10MM Club, Best result: 8th in Men 30-34 Lwt - BIRC 2007, PB:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Oliva wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:41 pm Thanks. I´m very happy to be back in daily rowing. After years. I started in the same time with Thomas W-P. I´m back, Thomas, come on, get on the erg...
Petr, you are most welcome. :)

For several years now, Thomas has been a very keen cyclist and takes part ( I think ) in road races.

As you are all … gentlemen … then … I know that you will not mind if I congratulate llse Van Oyen first, for becoming our second young lady to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

llse - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️💐

Plenty of ‘ Belgium Chocolate Brownie Points ‘ for you. =D> =D> 8) 👍 :)

You can’t keep a good man down … as Dwayne reclaims his crown … to become the first Free Spirit to attain Four Million Metres For The Season.

Dwayne - 4,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪🍀

Congratulations, that’s a great comeback. =D> 8) 💪👍 However, as a particular saying comes to mind, ‘ It ain’t all over until the fat lady sings ‘, :fsbgrin: :fswink: you have been awarded the Four Million Metre Four Leaf Clover. Good luck. :)

Apparently … Nick Shuker … would like a ** ‘ six pack ‘ … and this has kept him on track … in order to reach his Second Million Metres For The Season.

** A honed body and not the beer variety. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Nick - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Sterling stuff and here’s cheers, to your next million.🍻 =D> 8) 💪👍

At position twenty four … Peter Strik … has rowed metres galore … to reach his First Million Metres For The Season.

Peter - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

A well deserved award, especially, as so far, you have erged every single day this Season. =D> 8) 💪👍

And, to our Free Spirits’ Fab Four, a tremendous thank you for your mountain of metres contribution to the Team Affiliation Standings' Treasure Chest. =D> =D> =D> =D> 8) 👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Miha Marinic … at twenty five … has rowed … with consistency and drive … to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Miha - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

That’s excellent progress. Please keep up the good work and thank you for your valuable metre contributions to the Team Affilations’ Treasure Chest. =D> 8) 👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Much applause … for George Weekes … as he ** streaks … past 313 of his fellow Free Spirits, to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

** Wearing his rowing gear of course and for any of you who thought otherwise … You ought to be
ashamed of yourselves. [-X :fsbgrin: :fswink:

George - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

That’s a first rate, first million and a well deserved addition to your now, almost Thirty and a Half Million, Lifetime Metres. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍

A Special Mention for John Davidson because his BikeErg/SkiErg metres or both, have helped take him to One Million Metres For The Season. =D> ^O^ :)

A Special Mention also for Cap’n Jon Taylor as he graduates from the Sorcerer’s Apprentice to the Magician of The Meterboard. =D> ^O^ 8) :)

An Extra Special Mention for Captain Stan who after steering us through so many Team Challenges has now been promoted to ( and try saying this after too much grog ) The Admirable, Admiral Stan. =D> ^O^ 8) :)

Thank you again everyone for your enormous efforts, in raising so many metres for The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍 :)

Don’t overdo things though - who remembers the theme tune from Rawhide?

Keep rowing, rowing, rowing … keep those metres flowing … but ... we don’t want you going … Rawhide! :shock: 😬 :fsbgrin: :fswink:

See Ya. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

For Graham Storer … it’s still every day rowing … and his efforts are certainly showing … as he hits Two Million Metres For The Season.

Graham - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Been there and to prove it, now have the T-shirt. Onwards and upwards to your next million.👍💪 8) :)

Here’s more news to impart … as Boris Bossi ... gains ... his Red Heart … and reaches One Million Metres For The Season.

Boris - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

You say, “ Progress stops upon satisfaction. “ If I could claim almost 37,000,000 Lifetime Metres, then I would be more than satisfied. Tremendous going. =D> ^O^ 8) :)

Thank you everyone for all your continued effort and support. =D> =D> =D> 8) :)

Somewhat off topic. :roll: :fsbgrin:

A Very Special Mention for Magawa, a seven year-old African giant pouched rat, who has just received the animal equivalent of the George Cross, the Dickin Gold Medal.🥇

This much deserved award was in recognition of Magawa’s bravery in sniffing out ( so far ) 39 land mines and 28 other items of unexploded ordnance. =D>

I took one look at the dear little creature and thought, “ I’m in love. " 💘
Jill

Post by Jill »

Three cheers … for medal holder … Collette … What’s that? … Is she still doing well? …. :-k Mmmm … You bet! \:D/ … As our third young woman to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Collette - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️💐

Sterling stuff and thank you for your much appreciated contribution to The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. Another fine example of determination and commitment. =D> 8) 👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Our next Free Spirit … to have earned his Red Heart … is young Mr Robertson … who’s now made a great start … on his second million, after reaching his First Million Metres For The Season.

Craig - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

I wonder if all that Guernsey ozone … has helped … this Free Spirit … to possibly hone … his erging skills … as Chris Tostevin-Hall hits One Million Metres For The Season.

Chris - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

An admirable double celebration and I shall celebrate by adding your precious metres to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. Fank you, fank you, fank you. =D> =D> 8) 💪👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

With plenty of work to be done … Dwayne has travelled … at Warp Factor 1 ( 1078Km/h ) … :fsbgrin: in order to achieve Five Million Metres For The Season.

Dwayne - 5,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪🍀🛸

For staying ahead of the very strong competition and for being the first Free Spirit to reach five million metres, you have been awarded the Five Million Metre Flying Saucer. To six million metres and beyond. =D> 8) 💪👍

Plaudits aplenty to everyone for your continued participation in supporting the club with your contributions to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> =D> 8) :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

I see that Kevin Horne … is far from … worn … out … :fsbgrin: :fswink: as he powers his way to Three Million Metres For The Season.

Kevin - 3,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪

Congratulations - you are obviously a force to be reckoned with and Dwayne and Colin had better keep checking their rear view mirrors. :fsbgrin: :fswink: Thank you for your generous contributions to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> 8) 💪👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

Playing Meterboard Leapfrog … Phil Summerfield … has been able to log … his First Million Metres For The Season.

Phil - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

A Marvellous Meterboard Moment to see your ( almost ) one quarter of a million metre contribution to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. Thank you very much indeed. Impressive. =D> =D> 8) 💪👍