Millionaires club-Season

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Millionaires club-Season

Post by Jill »

And here we have young Matthew Berns … who earns … a well deserved round of applause … for reaching his First Million Metres for the season.

Matthew - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Many, many thanks Matthew for the many, many metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D> 8)

Matthew, keep fit and strong as you erg on ... in Onalaska.👍 8) :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hip. Hip. Hooray! For our boy, Mr Lootsma … Who again … has rowed fast … and again … has rowed far … to reach his Second Million Metres for the season.

Tako - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

That’s excellent going, or, as you are a polylinguist, in Yorkshire, they would say, “ Tako, lad, that’s reet grand. " :fsbgrin: :fswink: 👍 :D ^O^ 8) =D>

And now next to arrive … we have Michael Smyth … who coming to us as a new member, has already rowed over Two Million Metres for the season.

Michael - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

Thank you for the addition of your metres - they are a whopping contribution and boost to the Team Affiliation Standings. 8) ^O^ =D>

Michael, welcome to Free Spirits. I do hope that being a member of the club will provide you with plenty of exercise, satisfaction and fun. Erg on.👍 8) :)
Tako
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Tako »

Thank you very much Jill!!
Not sure it is always fast, but happy to be able to keep my target of 7k a day on average since almost 2,5 years now :-)
\:D/ 🏴‍☠️🇳🇱🇩🇪🇩🇰🇳🇴🇪🇺
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Tako. :)

Hang on. :o What is this? :o Dwayne has somehow managed to evade my Meterboard Radar :shock: … because … using stealth … on the twelfth … he reached Eight Million Metres for the season. Obviously, it was very sneaky of him as my faultless vigilance skills are … faultless. :^o :lol: :wink:

Dwayne - :D =D> x 8,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕👕👕👕

Thank you again for the magnificent amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D> 8)

Dwayne, my money is on you achieving Ten Million Metres for the season.👍💪 8) :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

I see that Paul Humphries ( he was 54 on the Meterboard ) has left Free Spirits. This must have happened sometime after I had checked out the MB earlier this morning. Yesterday, he had reached just over 1,000,000 metres for the season.

Best Wishes Paul.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Another dreadful pun alert. :roll: :lol: :wink:

At the local ‘ Pollen ‘ Station, #-o the votes are in … and … it’s victory … for young Mr Bee … because it’s quite clear … that we all want to cheer … as he reaches Four Million Metres for the season.

Ian - :D =D> x 4,000,000 👕👕👕👕

Another tremendous thank you, for the admirable amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. Great effort. =D> ^O^ 👍 8) 🐝

Ian, I have been trying to think of some words of motivation, but after just reading your last post on the Meta-nonathlon thread, I’ve had an attack of the giggles.😹 I do hope that you didn’t have to sacrifice any undergarments in order to make the flag. :shock: :lol: :wink:
Ian Bee
Dedicated and True Free Spirit

Post by Ian Bee »

Jill wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:23 pm I do hope that you didn’t have to sacrifice any undergarments in order to make the flag. :shock: :lol: :wink:

:oops: 8-[ :-$

Thanks Jill.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Ian, my lips are :-# ... Possibly ... :fsbgrin: :fswink:

David Penlington … from the south west … has rowed … with such zip and such zest … to reach One Million Metres for the season.

David - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you very much for the myriad amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D>

Well done David and I hope that when you are not rowing you will be enjoying another summer season of cycling. :) 8) 👍

She ( that’s me :fsbgrin: ) cannot hide her … delight … for David Schneider … as he reaches Five Million Metres for the season.

David - :D =D> x 5,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕

Again, many thanks and applause, for the splendid amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D> 8) 👍

David, thank you also for being such a marvellous inspiration. :) 8)

I knew … that a young erger from Troon … would soon … reach Three Thousand Metres for the season.

Guy - :D =D> x 3,000,000 👕👕👕

I would also like to repeat my thanks to you for all the effort that must go into producing your marvellous meterage for the Team Affiliation Standings. Such a lot of hard work. ^O^ =D> 8)

Guy, good luck with all your future endeavours and I hope that you will still find time to fit in some cycling. :) 🚴🏻‍♂️ 8) 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

Three cheers for Boris Bossi … as he … reaches Two Million Metres for the season.

Boris - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

Thank you also for the numerous metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D>

Well done Boris. :) 8) 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

Troy Wells from Washington State … has rowed at a steady rate … as he ate ... up the metres ... in order to reach One Million for the season.

Troy - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for all your valuable metres - they have helped us stay in comfortable second place on the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D> 8)

Best wishes Troy and keep keeping up all that erging energy.👍 8) :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

All the way from the Sunshine State … Seth Israel … who’s now rowed ... to date … One Million Metres for the season.

Seth - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

By taking part in our ‘ Wacky Races ‘ … and moving up 31 places … Attila Kárpáti has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Attila - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

George Weekes proves what you can do … to stay fit … when you’re sixty two … as he achieves Two Million Metres for the season.

George - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

Gentlemen, an enormous thank you for your mammoth and much appreciated contributions to the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D> 8)

Good health and good wishes and I hope that you will all continue to keep fit and enjoy your erging.👍 :D 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

In no time all … Graham Paull … has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Graham - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

A very warm welcome to Free Spirits Graham, I do hope that being part of the club, will bring you great pleasure and satisfaction. :) A very warm welcome also, to all your lovely metres, which are a substantial boost to the Team Affiliation Standings. :D ^O^ =D> 8)

With energetic intent … Oliver Leeds … from the county of Kent … has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Oliver - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Rob Brittin … from the Emerald Isle … has rowed … mile upon mile upon mile … to reach Two Million Metres for the season.

Rob - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

Oliver and Rob, many thanks to you also for your valuable contributions to the Team Affiliation Standings. :D =D> ^O^ 8)

It’s not only Oliver and Rob of course, who need to be praised for all the time, effort and sometimes, sheer determination that has gone into their erging. An extra special thank you to all club members who have been able to row this season. Your meterage has played a part ( it all adds up ) in keeping us in unassailable, second place on the The Team Affiliation Standings.💪 ^O^ =D> 8)

An extra special mention to those of you who are having to cope with illness, both mental and physical and injury, either long or short term. I do hope that you are making some progress ( Ian Bee, Juergen and at the moment a slightly wonky Plummy ). I know that for some of you, it's not easy when your motivation is at a very low ebb and you have to take things one day at a time. :)

As I only look occasionally at the Training Thread, would it be possible to move the Injuries Thread to the Main Forum?
Jill

Post by Jill »

John Davidson, from the north-west … has rowed … at more than his best … in order to reach One Million Metres for the season.

John - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for your generous metres - they are a very welcome addition to the Team Affiliation Standings. :D =D> ^O^

John, safe going with your rowing.👍 :) 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Joi Bear is beyond compare … as she becomes the first of our wonderful ladies to reach Six Million Metres for the season.

Joi - :D =D> x 6,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕👕

Thank you again Joi for all your magnificent metres - they have all been such a ‘ cracking ‘ contribution to the Team Affiliation Standings. :D 8) ^O^ =D> 💐💐💐💐💐🎁

Joi, we are so lucky to have you as a member of Free Spirits. Take care and best wishes and good health to you.👍 :)

Ernest Poku … is due … plenty of applause … for reaching One Million Metres for the season.

Ernest - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Many thanks for all your hard earned metres, they are a much appreciated contribution to the Team Affiliation Standings. :D ^O^ =D> 8)

Ernest, I do hope that you will continue to enjoy using the erg in order to maintain your health and fitness levels.👍 :) 8)

Weight wise … I can’t help thinking … is Colin Brinkman shrinking :fsbgrin: :fswink: … due to his tremendous rowing feats that have resulted in him rapidly reaching Two Million Metres for the season.

Colin - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

Thank you also Colin for your ‘ mad ‘ :fsbgrin: :fswink: … but marvellous, metre munching contributions towards the Team Affiliation Standings. :D ^O^ =D> 8)

Colin, much admiration for your impressive performance. Be careful though that you don’t overdo things, as we all know that sometimes, the erg can be an unforgiving beast. Take care.👍 :)
Sandbaggerone
Spends too much time in the forum

Post by Sandbaggerone »

Thanks, Jill. I try to make sure I listen to my body, but I have been known to overdo things in the past. Also, not really shrinking. To quote Sophia Loren, "Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."
Cheers,
Colin
Tempus rerum imperator.
Male, 37, 5'10.5", 160lbs.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Colin. :lol:

Before I shed the pounds in order to get back down to a healthy weight, I not only owed everything to spaghetti but quite a few other comestibles as well. :oops: To not quite quote the late, great Eric Morecambe, “ I had all the right curves … but not necessarily in all the right places. " :lol: :wink:

After leapfrogging over me ( and quite a few others ) … and landing on twenty three … please give a well deserved thank you, to our newest Free Spirit, Eric Anderson, who reached One Million Metres for the season on January 12th.

Eric - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

A huge “ Hello “ from everyone and thank you for the benefit of your myriad metres, they are a very beneficial addition to the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8)

Eric, I do hope that you will enjoy being a member of the club.👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Five new catch ups are in store … so first … from North Bellmore … we have John Warkala, who has reached One Million Metres for the season.

John - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Congratulations John - your 18,560,774 lifetime metres are as impressive as your C2 membership of nineteen years.👍 =D> ^O^ 8)

My language skills are such … that I only know two words of Dutch … :fsbgrin: :fswink: and they are … Fred and Koene. However, at least that allows me to tell you all, that Fred Koene has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Fred - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Great going Fred, especially as you have attained your 1 million target for the season with plenty of time to spare.👍 =D> ^O^ 8)

The Metreboard Radar is flickering … which tells me that young Ian Pickering has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Ian - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Well done Ian - from reading your profile, you are obviously still, “ addicted to erging “ . Row on. Row strong.👍 ^O^ =D> 8)

With thousands … two hundred and twenty … IIse Van Oyen … has rowed more than plenty … to become our second accomplished young lady to reach Three Million Metres for the season.

IIse - :D =D> x 3,000,000 👕👕👕💐💐💐

That’s a marvellous achievement, IIse - I think your profile comments are more eloquent … and I quote, “ Row row row that boat! “ .👍 ^O^ =D> 8)

Tremendous applause for Dwayne … who I’m sure is all set to gain … his Ten Million Metre Medal … Because … he has now reached Nine Million Metres for the season.

Dwayne - =D> ^O^ x 9,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕👕👕👕👕

Another awe-inspiring effort Dwayne.💪👍 =D> ^O^ 8)

Thank you so much, John, Fred, Ian, IIse and Dwayne for the munificent amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ ^O^ ^O^ ^O^ ^O^ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> 8)
scotch61
Spends too much time in the forum

Post by scotch61 »

Thanks Jill.
It's an addiction with benefits !
Keep up the good work with the rhymes
fkoene
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by fkoene »

Thanks Jill, there must be some more words, Tako for instance, but nevertheless, proud to be of help for your language skills (don't know whether that's correct english) and glad to reach the one million again.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Fred and Ian. Fred, please excuse my daft and at times, puzzling sense of humour. :)

Kurt Van Den Broeck, Patrick Nothiger and Adrian Lee … are our next three … Free Spirits to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Kurt - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Patrick - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Adrian - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

And now we have young Mr Plumb … who I hope … hasn’t suffered ‘ Numb Bum ‘ :shock: in order to reach Two Million Metres for the season.

Plummy - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

Paolo Cecchini loved to run races … but he’s now put the erg through its paces … in order to reach Four Million Metres for the season.

Paolo - :D :) x 4,000,000 👕👕👕👕

Another Free Spirit from Kent … Graham Storer … with tireless intent … has reached Five Million Metres for the season.

Graham - :D =D> x 5,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕

Congratulations everyone and thank you all for your precious metres - they are such a valuable contribution towards the Team Affiliation Standings. Stirling efforts.💪👍 ^O^ =D> 8)

Ps. Dreadful pun alert. :roll: :fsbgrin:

Q: What does plummy call his Metal Mistress?

A: Lady Chatt - erg - ley. #-o :lol: :wink:
fkoene
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by fkoene »

Jill wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:33 pm Thank you Fred and Ian. Fred, please excuse my daft and at times, puzzling sense of humour. :)
Of course you're excused, Jill. I was only kidding as well. Wonderful you keep this up.
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

Yes - thank you Jill for looking after this thread - even with the dreadful puns (although Chatt-erg-ley was pretty clever to be honest). I actually call it lots of things but not many that could be repeated here :-)
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Plummy and Fred. :)

I can see six splendid noughts … all round and smooth and even … which means a certain Mr Smith … whose Christian name is Steven … ( aka Steve, aka Wolfie, aka Wolfmiester ) has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Steve - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Top-Hole Steve and thank you for the Birmingham Bounty of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8)

As a reward for landing exactly on 1,000,000 metres, please accept this special ⛳️ - each time you hit the ball, it will be a hole-in-one every time.👍 8) :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Congratulations to Richard Jackson … who at seventy years young … has reached One … Million Metres for the season.

Richard - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

A heartfelt thank you for the many metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. :D =D> ^O^ 8)

Well done Richard - I do hope that you will continue to benefit from using the erg. Best wishes.👍 :D 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Applause please … so clap your hands … for Peter Strik … from the Netherlands … because he has attained One Million Metres for the season.

Peter - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for the great number of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8)

Marvellous effort Peter - I hope that you will continue to enjoy plenty of ‘ to - ing and fro - ing ‘ with the rowing.👍 :D 8)