Millionaires club-Season

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Millionaires club-Season

Post by Paul Victory »

Carole S wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:45 pm Thank you for remembering me Jill in yr wonderful words
Yes Im back rejoining the Free Spirits after a 10 yr absence but Ive had to set up a new account to get into the Forum for this new season
Sadly my dear Mum passed away end of April so Ive been away from home a lot lately but should be back soon and doing my slow plodding again..Ive lost 5 stone in last cpl of yrs which these "stately as a galleon rows" really help with
Nice to know a lot of the team are still here or rejoined together with lots of new faces
Including my husband, son and even 2 of my grandchildren are trying out Grandmas funny machine !
Hi Carole

Nice to hear from you, although I’m sorry to hear the sad news about your mum. I also rejoined after a hiatus, but doing very little rowing due to ongoing back problems and a severe lack of motivation.

And very well done on the weight loss. I’m unfortunately going in the opposite direction of late.

I used to be the main rapporteur on this thread, but Jill took over while I was on my break and has done a far better job than I was doing. If I may make a suggestion Jill, as this thread has now reached over 120 pages, maybe it’s time to start a new thread - perhaps a reset at the start of each new season might be appropriate? Just a thought, but it’s entirely up to you. It ain’t broke, so there’s no compelling need to fix it.

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Paul Victory wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:28 pm I used to be the main rapporteur on this thread, but Jill took over while I was on my break and has done a far better job than I was doing. If I may make a suggestion Jill, as this thread has now reached over 120 pages, maybe it’s time to start a new thread - perhaps a reset at the start of each new season might be appropriate? Just a thought, but it’s entirely up to you. It ain’t broke, so there’s no compelling need to fix it.
Hi Paul, firstly do not do yourself down - not only did you look after this thread for a lot longer than me but you made a damn good job of doing so too. =D> =D> =D> :)

I like your suggestion, so let’s go for it, especially as there is a limit ( which I think has now run out ) on how much longer the present format can continue. In short, I am all out of rhymes. :fsbgrin:

I have also taken on some new community commitments so I’m not sure how much time I will have available when it comes to being the keeper of this thread.

Would you be happy to take over, or partly take over, the reins again, using your original format, or something new, or something in between? Any thoughts?
Carole S
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Carole S »

Thank you so much Jill
My emotional eating is having a massive battle at moment ..understandably I guess after the last 4 weeks but so long as I keep pootling I hope it will be ok xx
:fsbgrin:
25 million lifetime meters :fsgrin:
Carole S
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Carole S »

Thanks so much Paul for yr kind words
Its great to be here again
:fsbgrin:
25 million lifetime meters :fsgrin:
Paul Victory
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Jill wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:32 pm Would you be happy to take over, or partly take over, the reins again, using your original format, or something new, or something in between? Any thoughts?
I’m more than happy to muck in, but I won’t even try to compete with your elegiac compositions. It’s not that busy at this time of year, so I’ll leave you at it, but please get in touch at any stage if you get too busy and would like some backup.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Jill

Post by Jill »

Paul Victory wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:42 pm It’s not that busy at this time of year, so I’ll leave you at it, but please get in touch at any stage if you get too busy and would like some backup.
Thank you Paul - I will have to see how things go then and perhaps send out an SOS when necessary.

If any other Free Spirits would like to add the occasional post ( as in the original format before Paul so kindly took over ) then please do not hesitate, as all contributions will be most welcome. :)
duffyoz

Post by duffyoz »

I like the idea of a new thread for each season. I have bouts of jumping on here lots and then life takes over and I might not get around to it for ages so I don't think I would be much help.

But brilliant job Jill and everyone before our poet
Jill

Post by Jill »

duffyoz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:31 am I like the idea of a new thread for each season. I have bouts of jumping on here lots and then life takes over and I might not get around to it for ages so I don't think I would be much help.
Thank you Lesley and that's okay. :)

A slight hitch about starting a new thread: I do not know how to make it a ' sticky '. :oops: Any offers anyone?
JonT
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by JonT »

Just start the thread and I will sort that out Jill (he says with hopeless optimism).

EDIT - I have created a new sticky post for you Jill (et al)
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent