Polar T31 still going after 6 years

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

jainser
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Polar T31 still going after 6 years

Post by jainser »

I have been using my apple watch for my heart rate data. Lately however it's been having a few moments so I reverted back to my polar OH1. Comfortable enough as it straps to my upper arm. Compared the reading to my watch as it was the same.

Have been meaning to connect the old HR set-up to my PM3 but kept putting it off as I was convinced it wouldn't work. How wrong was I

I haven't used my Polar T31 HR monitor since Jun 2013 and it still works!!!!! Unbelievable, over 6 years sitting in the loft and springs back into action straight away. My gob has been smacked!

I also have a polar H10 sensor which is very good and connects to the polar beat app as well. Thing with the T31 is I get the read out on the PM3 screen right in front of me.

Very useful as I'm doing a lot more HR based rowing now.

Was going to treat myself to a new PM5 mainly as I could connect the new bluetooth HR monitors, but now I have this set up again I think hold tight.
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking
jainser
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Polar T31 still going after 6 years

Post by jainser »

Perhaps I spoke too soon. Used the T31 for the first time today on a row and it broke - the actual HR sensor!!! Guess sitting in the loft for 6 years didn't do the plastic any good!!! Anyway dug out the super glue but don't hold much hope for it. Oh well.
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking