RowPro 5.x - Free Spirits flag on the oars & VTC sessions

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Tako
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM5

RowPro 5.x - Free Spirits flag on the oars & VTC sessions

Post by Tako »

After another Windows update my RowPro 4.3 Graphics stopped working. Very annoying as I really enjoy RowPro. Especially on long distances it allows for a break without the PM timing out (handy if you have kids or other interrupts like a needed stretch).
After stepping up to 5.x and using the new RowPro App the whole thing works again as a charm.
In the new version many clubs have their own logo on the oars instead of the national flag. Should I ask Digital Rowing for help to get the FS logo on the oars as well??

If there are others that use/enjoy RowPro we should schedule some sessions to collect meters for the VTC. Anyone???
\:D/ πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ‡³πŸ‡±πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡©πŸ‡°πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: RowPro 5.x - Free Spirits flag on the oars & VTC sessions

Post by plummy »

If other teams have their logos available on their oars I don't see why we cannot so please feel free to ask.

I only very occasionally use Rowpro and it would only be at a weekend as all the faffing about setting it up takes too long for an after work/time limited mid week session but I'm sure you could get some takers. I think there is a Rowpro session thread somewhere tucked away?
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
JonT

Post by JonT »

I'm still using 4.3 occasionally, but have a regular 'blip' where the software re-installs itself and corrupts all my data. I then have to uninstall it and go through a whole convoluted process to recover. This has put me off a bit lately and I have stuck with my PM5.

There is a post on the Training section of the forum for Rowpro sessions, but it seems to have gone quiet lately:
viewforum.php?f=13
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
JonT

Post by JonT »

plummy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:50 pm I think there is a Rowpro session thread somewhere tucked away?
viewforum.php?f=13
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Tako

Post by Tako »

JonT wrote:I'm still using 4.3 occasionally, but have a regular 'blip' where the software re-installs itself and corrupts all my data. I then have to uninstall it and go through a whole convoluted process to recover. This has put me off a bit lately and I have stuck with my PM5.

There is a post on the Training section of the forum for Rowpro sessions, but it seems to have gone quiet lately:
viewforum.php?f=13
Sorry to hear that you are one of the people struggling with RowPro. I have been very lucky so far. Enjoying it. Maybe you should give the 5.x version a chance? Maybe it is also as I have a PM4.

Thanks for the link to the post. I will post session proposals there and wherever it fits in the challenges.
Tako

Post by Tako »

plummy wrote:If other teams have their logos available on their oars I don't see why we cannot so please feel free to ask.
Thanks, will do.