Free Spirits CTC Participation and Leaderboard

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Rodger
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Re: Free Spirits CTC Participation and Leaderboard

Post by Rodger »

CamiCrew wrote:Thanks Rodger. That was an odd thing. I entered my time on the 31st. Left my PC in sleep mode, so when I pulled it up the next day, the browser asked me to "resubmit a form." Actually had no idea that what it was doing was re- entering my CTC score. So I guess it appeared the score was dated June. Sure appreciate all your work on the tracking!
That's unfortunate. That said, it could have turned out worse. You could have been checking out a shopping basket again or something.

I suppose if you care enough about how the CTC website stores its entries for posterity, you could contact Dougie (Citroen) on the UK website:
http://indoorsportservices.co.uk/forum/ ... start=6960
M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by CamiCrew »

I'd like to tell him I accidentally replaced my valid entry... but I'm not a member of that forum, and don't see an email option for him. I'll see if I can figure another PM type method. Thanks.
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

CamiCrew wrote:I'd like to tell him I accidentally replaced my valid entry... but I'm not a member of that forum, and don't see an email option for him. I'll see if I can figure another PM type method. Thanks.
If you like, I can send him a PM on your behalf. What was your original time and when did you post it?

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

HI Paul - thank you - I checked Facebook and saw Paul B as someone to contact (not a 'friend' so I don't know if PM would reach him?), and I don't see Doug out there.

Here's the row in my logbook - entered on the CTC page May 31 before 5 pm Pacific - entry was 15:53.0. The next day when I got the strange browser prompt, I figured the challenge had switched to June and it was prompting me to see the new info. But no, it was still displaying May and I realized that by accepting the prompt, I had simply re-entered my score unknowingly. :(

Appreciate your offer to run it by them. If it's a big deal or I've managed to break some CTC rule, I can live with them deleting it... but it was not intentional nor an attempted new entry.
CTC-310516-BarbaraH.jpg
CTC-310516-BarbaraH.jpg (52.05 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Hi Barbara

I've sent a PM to Dougie Lawson (Citroen on the ISS forum). I'll let you know when I hear back from him.

Cheers
Paul
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Paul Victory wrote:Hi Barbara

I've sent a PM to Dougie Lawson (Citroen on the ISS forum). I'll let you know when I hear back from him.

Cheers
Paul
Hi Barbara

Dougie has re-instated your time for the May CTC.

Regards
Paul

Roger, does this affect the overall CTC table or had you already allowed for Barbara being in boat 1 and other team members moving down a boat?
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

Paul Victory wrote:
Paul Victory wrote:Hi Barbara

Cheers
Paul
Hi Barbara

Dougie has re-instated your time for the May CTC.

Regards
Paul

Roger, does this affect the overall CTC table or had you already allowed for Barbara being in boat 1 and other team members moving down a boat?
Nice bit of teamwork there, Paul!

As for the CTC tables (both the 2017 list in googledoc and the 'all-time FS database'), they were correct all along with Barbara in her rightful spot.
M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Paul I know those guys must put in a ton of volunteer hours on challenge admin tasks, appreciate their time and yours. Rodger I would not have noticed the deletion, thanks again for the heads up. :fsbgrin: :fsbgrin:
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

Our participation in the June CTC was around were we've come to expect it to be: 42.

I have not seen any new names this month, but there were some returning members after a lengthy absence: Mark Aitman (first CTC since November 2010), Jonathan Ashmore (November 2013) and David Taylor (October 2013). Welcome back all three of you! :fsgrin:

This was also Felton Humble's 25th CTC for Free Spirits. =D>

The updated 2016 table is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1844071262
M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
gregsmith01748
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by gregsmith01748 »

And what a performance for his 25th! Holy smokes, that was an impressive piece of rowing.
Greg - Age: 53 H: 182cm W: 88Kg (should be 83Kg)
Training blog: https://quantifiedrowing.wordpress.com/
mark88man
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by mark88man »

Thanks Rodger. Am liking the look of the July challenge - quirky, mathematical, and long distance - all of which appeal at the moment
Mark, 52, 1.90m, was 125kg (on 12/1/2015), now 110kg having been briefly at 99kg in 2016
Used to be this good (2007/8 Seasons)
Am now this good - (2017 Season)
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

In July 35 Free Spirits took part in the CTC. It's the lowest number this year. I blame holidays and hot weather.
In fact last year the July CTC was the least attended of the year too.

You can check the points ranking (spoiler: Erik/Liefcat leads the way) or the noticeable absentees here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1844071262

There were no debuts this month.

From the July CTC thread I picked up that Dave2220 (new name, lwt) and Dave Gillibrand (old name, hwt) are the same person. Dave wanted the old username entry deleted from the challenge. Apparently that hasn't succeeded, but I did delete it from the participation list. This also means that I moved up David Taylor and David Wray one FS boat. You will have to excuse me that I did not calculate whether this would impact the overall standings of all boats (because of the FS boats V and VI dropping in average performance somewhat).

It's been a while since I last posted the Club 50. So before Steve/Wolfmeister wants confirmation that he's still ahead of Paul V. :wink: , here it is.
A special mention goes to Gillian Burrell who rowed her 75th CTC for us last month! ^O^

M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Thank you Roger -- certainly a big shout out to Gillian for 75! Wow!
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Post by Wolfmiester »

A big well done to Gillian =D>
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
sander
Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by sander »

First time in ages that I skipped a month. I had a OTW priority: http://blog.rowsandall.com/2016/08/01/saturday-win/

Training Blog: http://blog.rowsandall.com/
Free Data and Analysis. For Rowers. By Rowers: http://rowsandall.com
J-Dog

Post by J-Dog »

I'm hoping to start again in September (tomorrow).

Not sure if I have to re-join on c2ctc.com or not, but I'll give it a go tomorrow or Friday.

J-Dog
58 yrs 91 kg 5' 10" BMI 28.7
Lifetime metres: 901,463
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

J-Dog wrote:I'm hoping to start again in September (tomorrow).

Not sure if I have to re-join on c2ctc.com or not, but I'll give it a go tomorrow or Friday.

J-Dog
In case you're rejoining under a new name, do you remember what your previous username on c2ctc.com was? Just so I can match your new entries to your old ones.
M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

In August 39 Free Spirits took on the CTC. I think that's pretty good considering:
a) the summer holidays,
b) the scorching weather in certain parts of the world,
c) the rowing technique eschewing nature of the challenge, and
d) the need for an online calculating tool.

According to my records, there was one Free Spirits debut: Dean Fogerty. Welcome! :fsgrin:
zootMutant has revisited the CTC madness for the first time since June 2013. =D>
Jennifer Victory rowed her first of 2016. =D>

The 2016 participation list/leaderboard sees a change in the top 3 and can be viewed here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1844071262
M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks for the update Roger. We were in New Zealand for part of January and most of February and Jennifer broke two bones in her foot the day after we got home. So last month's CTC was her first time on an erg this year. I'll try to persuade her to give this month's challenge a go.
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

Paul Victory wrote:Thanks for the update Roger. We were in New Zealand for part of January and most of February and Jennifer broke two bones in her foot the day after we got home. So last month's CTC was her first time on an erg this year. I'll try to persuade her to give this month's challenge a go.
Paul, I hope you and Jennifer (if she reads the forum) didn't take my remark about Jennifer's first CTC of the year as some sort of slight. It certainly was not intended that way.

As for this month's challenge, we should be seeing a large turnout. On a side note, the previous choice by Tribesports was 20 minutes (February 2015) and had 52 Free Spirits participating. Alan Strang is doing something right there.
M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Rodger wrote:Paul, I hope you and Jennifer (if she reads the forum) didn't take my remark about Jennifer's first CTC of the year as some sort of slight. It certainly was not intended that way.
Certainly not, Roger! It was nice for her to be acknowledged. She goes to the gym a lot, but doesn't really use the erg at all, but she's obliging enough to put in an entry for the CTC when I ask her nicely.
J-Dog

Post by J-Dog »

Rodger wrote:
J-Dog wrote:I'm hoping to start again in September (tomorrow).

J-Dog
In case you're rejoining under a new name, do you remember what your previous username on c2ctc.com was? Just so I can match your new entries to your old ones.
Rodger,
I'm not even sure if I was in this challenge when I was active a few years ago.

I seem to have an account, under "J-Dog", but I'm not sure if that was created when I tried to log in.

No worries. Happy to start afresh. Don't think we'll be missing out on anything important, even if there was an older account.

J-Dog
58 yrs 91 kg 5' 10" BMI 28.7
Lifetime metres: 901,463
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

September was a CTC month with above average participation from Free Spirits (42). :)
Given the type of challenge I thought this could perhaps turn out to be our best of 2016 participation-wise, but we didn't quite manage to reach March's high of 45.

I've counted four newcomers on the all-time Free Spirits CTC list this month: Ian Bee, Tako Lootsma, Gerhard78 and J-Dog. A warm welcome to all. :fsgrin: If any of you participated under a different name previously, just let me know and I will make the change to the database so your total CTC count shows up correctly.

Worth a mention too is Matthew Leonard's return for the first time in two and a half years (since March 2014), his 51st CTC for us!

On the 2016 leaderboard we see some minor changes. The highest placed absentee in September was Claudius.
John's announced leave will give Liefcat a free pass (not that he needed one!) to stay on top of the list, unforeseen circumstances excepted. The full list is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1844071262
M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
Rodger

Post by Rodger »

Among the 39 Free Spirits that rowed the 10k CTC in October, there were no debuts.

Okay, how about nice round numbers then? I found one: Haaico rowed his 40th CTC for us. =D>

Hmm, not enough stats. What about this one: since March the Free Spirits participation accounts for 9% of total CTC entries every month.

Sorry, I'm out of dull stats for now.

The 2016 leaderboard is still here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1844071262
M | 48 | 1.78 m | 76 kg
Tako

Post by Tako »

Thanks for the nice stats!
I thought I give it a try today and ended up with a new PB 3:16.9 with a 1:38.5 pace :-) :-) First time ever in front :-) :-)
Guess it won't last long ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
\:D/ 🏴‍☠️🇳🇱🇩🇪🇩🇰🇳🇴🇪🇺